• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shalafi

Overture purchases Webroot?

6 posts in this topic

The company that produces both "coolwebsearch" and "180solutions" seen mostly as "webrebates" was rumored to have purchased webroot, the company that develops "spysweeper" one of the best spyware solutions out there.. can anyone substantiate this? I haven't been able to find any information proving or denying it.

It was internal company information where I work at BestBuy, news between techs on a company wide forum.. basicly word of mouth.

Yahoo! to Buy Overture

By Brian Morrissey| July 14, 2003

Yahoo! (Quote, Chart) on Monday morning shook up the booming search industry with plan to acquire Overture Services (Quote, Chart) in a stock and cash deal worth $1.6 billion.

Under terms of the deal, Overture shareholders will receive .61 shares of Yahoo! stock and $4.75 in cash for each share they own, making the purchase price around $1.6 billion. Overture will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Yahoo!. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter.

MORE AT LNK

Don't know if this is the same overture or not.

Shalafi, I was a tech at #216, and while the word of mouth was fairly reliable there, I wouldn't believe it in this case. Which forum was it? The one on the machines that can access STAR and the Employee Toolkit? The one that constantly mentions using Ad-Aware on customer machines during tuneups and everyone doing it unofficially even though it will break user software (KMD and other installed crapware) and generate complaints?

I seriously doubt that Webroot would sell to Overture.

Edited by Tuxedo Jack