• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
detnorske

Windows installer problems

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was Hijacked by CWS and had pop ups and rederection problems until I wrote down the files ad aware found and went into safe mode to delete them. This problem is fixed, I think. The other thing that started happening at the same time is Windows Installer would try and install XP Small Business every time I started IE, outlook and MS Word. I went into My computer, services section and disabled the installer, it now still tries to install for a breif second then shuts itself down. Im stuck on how to permanently fix this problem. I also may still have some problems with CWS because I have problems using CWShredder (still wont get updated files), spybot (missing mfc42d.dll). Whats also irratating is I just paid to update Norton antivirus and did a full scan and it found nothing yet every time I go to trend micros free virus scan, it finds at least 10 trojan viruses. Here is the latest HJT Log. Thanks in advance, I have learned alot here and appreciate all the information on this site.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0

Scan saved at 4:20:30 PM, on 7/9/2004

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ltmsg.exe

C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe

C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

F0 - system.ini: Shell=

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Userinit.exe,

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTWinModem1] ltmsg.exe 9

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\SNDMon.EXE

O4 - Global Startup: Camio Viewer 2000.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sierra Imaging\Image Expert 2000\IXApplet.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team

an email with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.