• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 triptonight

triptonight

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

Hi there.
I'm looking for some sorta p2p client other than kazza. It seems everytime i install kazza light or anyhting ot do at all with kazza, I get a bunch of shit in my computer. Now I have heard that there are other better programs out thereto use in place of kazza, and for the most part won't give you the run around.
Is this true?

peace
triptonight :ph34r:

#2 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:17 AM

Please read SWI's article on P2P programs.

http://www.spywarein...m/articles/p2p/
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#3 mjp65aa

mjp65aa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

I asked this same question here about a month ago. Ares, was a good recomendation (select do not install nav bar). Also suggested, and the one I now use, was Shareaza. Shareaza some how can access several different P2P networks, so you get a larger list of results. I have tried both and found what I wanted and more. The article above has a link to Shareaza, and a Google search will show many places to download Ares.

Edited by mjp65aa, 15 July 2004 - 02:39 PM.

mjp65

#4 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

I worked a long time with WinMX, but in those days I wasn't aware of spyware.
So I don't know of any malware related with WinMX. The main reason why I used winMX was because of the classic music. Not many P2P programs offer so many classic music MP3's like winMX.

WinMX had only one big disadvantage for me, I had to share my MP3 with other winMX users and I couldn't afford that, because my IP limits my outgoing traffic to 1.5 gb per month, which isn't much and my IP punishes me when I go over that limit by switching my broadband to a smallband connection.

So alot of other winMX users cancelled my downloadings, because I didn't share my MP3's with them.
Nevertheless I downloaded 17 gb MP3's during 3 months and then I stopped. I had enough classic MP3's.
I could download so many MP3's because I choosed always the fastest connections and alot of other winMX users didn't pay attention all the time. I had alot of fun in those days because downloading with winMX was for me a kind of cat and mouse game with the other winMX users. :D

I have read Tuxedo Jack's link and winMX seems to be recommended. So my choice wasn't too bad.
ErikAlbert
Simplicity is always brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button