P2P networks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 triptonight

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

Hi there.
I'm looking for some sorta p2p client other than kazza. It seems everytime i install kazza light or anyhting ot do at all with kazza, I get a bunch of shit in my computer. Now I have heard that there are other better programs out thereto use in place of kazza, and for the most part won't give you the run around.
Is this true?

triptonight :ph34r:

#2 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:17 AM

Please read SWI's article on P2P programs.

Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#3 mjp65aa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 02:38 PM

I asked this same question here about a month ago. Ares, was a good recomendation (select do not install nav bar). Also suggested, and the one I now use, was Shareaza. Shareaza some how can access several different P2P networks, so you get a larger list of results. I have tried both and found what I wanted and more. The article above has a link to Shareaza, and a Google search will show many places to download Ares.

Edited by mjp65aa, 15 July 2004 - 02:39 PM.

#4 ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

I worked a long time with WinMX, but in those days I wasn't aware of spyware.
So I don't know of any malware related with WinMX. The main reason why I used winMX was because of the classic music. Not many P2P programs offer so many classic music MP3's like winMX.

WinMX had only one big disadvantage for me, I had to share my MP3 with other winMX users and I couldn't afford that, because my IP limits my outgoing traffic to 1.5 gb per month, which isn't much and my IP punishes me when I go over that limit by switching my broadband to a smallband connection.

So alot of other winMX users cancelled my downloadings, because I didn't share my MP3's with them.
Nevertheless I downloaded 17 gb MP3's during 3 months and then I stopped. I had enough classic MP3's.
I could download so many MP3's because I choosed always the fastest connections and alot of other winMX users didn't pay attention all the time. I had alot of fun in those days because downloading with winMX was for me a kind of cat and mouse game with the other winMX users. :D

I have read Tuxedo Jack's link and winMX seems to be recommended. So my choice wasn't too bad.
Simplicity is always brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button