Quick Firefox question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oshmir

oshmir

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:21 PM

I installed the latest nightly build for firefox and the instructions said, "Once you have downloaded the compressed (zipped) file, use Winzip or gzip to uncompress Firefox to an empty folder. Navigate to the folder you placed the files in. If you're running Windows, start the firefox.exe file (the one with the red fire icon)."

Now my question is, should I use this firefox.exe instead of the one already on my desktop from the first time I downloaded firefox (which was a week or so ago), or do the nightly builds automatically update the firefox on my desktop?

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:53 PM

Short answer - no.
The shortcut on your desktop points to the copy in the folder you first installed firefox. It would not be altered by the new version.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:00 PM

If you don't believe us, click right on the icon and click Properties, where you can verify which executable file is used by the shortcut.
ErikAlbert
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#4 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 08:34 AM

Heh, me thinks you shouldn't be using nighties with such questions.
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

#5 oshmir

oshmir

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:24 PM

Eh, what are ya gonna do about it. I was just making sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button