• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carcorze

Which Antivirus Software is Best?

Which Antivirus Software do you think is Best?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Antivirus Software do you think is Best?

• 1. Norton Antivurs
    • 2. Bit Defender
    • 3. AVG Antivirus
    • 4. Panda Antivirus
    • 5. Kaspersky
    • 6. Pc-cillin 2004
    • 7. F-Prot
    • 8. McAfee

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

I can't answer that question.

It would be better for the users, that all malware-definitions would be collected in ONE central "Malware Definition Database", that would be used by all anti-malware softwares.

Of course this is never going to happen because there wouldn't be any competition anymore.

That's why commercial companies will never be an efficient solution. They just want our money like any other company.

Malware is a criminal activity and the government of each country is responsible for any kind of criminality, including internet crimes, like malware, scams, spams, ...

We only can hope that each government in the world will do something about it, which is of course a DREAM and certainly not a reality. It's not my fault that most people don't understand what responsability really means.

Edited by ErikAlbert

That's a somewhat difficult question to answer because it really comes down to what works best for you. If i had to choose just one it would probably be KAV. Partly because i like it's ability to detect many trojans that a lot of other AVs may miss, and it seems to have a very good detection rate for viruses.

Seems like you forgot to include one of the best anti-viruses i know of, NOD32. I think NOD32 definitely belongs on that list.

I do not have an opinion on which AV works best.

I've tested several AV softwares and so far my results show that they all detect some viruses/trojans and they all miss some viruses/trojans.

I'm starting to hate Mcafee VS since it rely so heavily of IE

??????

Not all versions of McAfee need IE. Niether their general engine nor Stinger need IE.

Heck, their general engine doesn't even need Windows.

Not all versions of McAfee need IE. Niether their general engine nor Stinger need IE.

Heck, their general engine doesn't even need Windows.

I dont know about older versions of Mcafee VS, but I kno VS 8 rely on IE's ActiveX and scripting settings to update and run properly. Dont know if other AV's work like this also.....