• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuck_W

VX2/f Removal HELP

2 posts in this topic

I have all the latest updates for Spybot SD, Spywareblaster, SpywareGuard, AdAware - including VX2 plug-in, Symantec AV, etc.

Spybot continues to detect VX2/f after cleaning and reboot.

[Ad-aware does not]

Spybot says: local machine / software / vendor

but when I jump to the location it reads:

registry key / local machine / windows NT / Winlogon / Notify / default reg_sz value not set

VX2finder.exe and Kill2Me find nothing.

Hijack This log and RegHance log are available.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,

Chuck_W

VX2/F DEFEATED !!!!

It took awhile but i finally got rid of VX2/f.

It was found and removed with SPYBOT SD but reappeared after rebooting. Ad-aware's VX2 cleaner plug-in continued to find nothing.

Here's how to get rid of VX2/f:

Start up computer in SAFE MODE,

run Spybot SD and remove VX2/f [i got rid of the back-ups too]

run Ad-aware in advance mode - delete and purge files

run Spybot and Ad-aware 2 more times { don't ask why, but spybot sd picked up another malware on the second time that it didn't find on the first go-around

Even in safe mode, the Ad-aware plug-in never picked up on the VX2 file, but the advanced ad-aware scan DID pick up a VX2 file named "slewjo.exe" in the windows system 32 folder which should be deleted and purged.

For your peace of mind, reboot in normal mode and...

VOILA... no more VX2/f !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0