• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Etamnanki

Error 112

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've been toiling away to solve my computer problems for hours now, and I'm looking for help anywhere I can. I have what at first, seems to be this problem, identified here at microsoft.com

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;326678

But the problem is i have over 17 gigabytes free, so their solution is useless. At another website, they have a solution for this problem even if you have plenty of hard drive space free. They say it could be caused by too many small files on the root disk. I've tried their solution as well, which does not work.

Either way, Whenever I attempt to install a program of any type, it fails. It seems to be the case that if i try to use the temp folders (installing/uninstalling) etc it hangs and fails. I've defragmented my hard drive, cleaned up room, and reinstalled windows. I really don't have the capability to back up and reformat at this point, anyone have any ideas? thanks,

Etamnanki

When did this problem begin? Did you make ANY (even minor) changes to your computer around this time? Also, what version of windows do you have?

windows XP and no. All i did was at somepoint i tried to install a program and hit the error. No changes beyond sweeping my system for spyware with spybot & ad aware & hijackthis.

And now all programs don't install, huh? Is it just programs from CDs and/or other removable media that don't install or even things that you, say, download?

all programs. From half life to the latest ati drivers i need to install. I haven't gotten a single thing to install or uninstall since it happened.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0