• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mellonhead

Updating Firefox with the 'Shell:' patch

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to update the .9 Version of Firefox with the 'Shell:' patch, from the Mozilla website. It says to click on the "update' button, then select 'install'. When I click on it I just get a new tab that says 'Untitled' that's blank. The link is not connecting properly. I have a Kerio firewall with firefox.exe granted TCP outbound access, and nothing seems to be blocked in the log.

Anyone have an idea? Not a big deal, 'cause I can simply install the .92 version over my existing install.... but just curious.

when I updated mine (0.9.1), I just went to the offical main page and used thier security update link. everything went well, also there is a instruction there if it's installed right. might want to check that. I didn't used the update features in FF. so far so good.

Odd. Have you disabled the XPI installer somehow? It should trigger the XPI installer dialog.

You could try this-

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Software Update -> Allow websites to install software

edit:

Another thing you could try-

save the *.xpi file to your desktop (right click on the link>save link as)

right click on the *.xpi file and select "open with" double click "firefox" (or, if it isn't listed go to "choose program" and double click firefox from the long list)

Edited by Acsell

Ahh.... I did disable the "allow websites to install software" option (sounded rather like a dangerous Microsoft option to me). So I'll give it a try.

The download-and-'open with Firefox' thing I tried, unsuccessfully.

Thank-you for the tips!