Mozilla Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spyware fighter

spyware fighter

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

I installed a large number of extensions for Firefox. When I start the browser, it crashes as Netscape Quality Feedback Agent starts and offers me to send some information to them, it mentions that they will use it to improve the quality of Communicator and that nothing will be sent without my consent.

The agent also mentions Talkback and Full Circle Software.

Well, I do not have Netscape in my PC at all so it must have been downloaded as a part of the Firefox extension or without my knowledge.

Honestly, I do not like this, it stinks to be connected to spyware.

I remember that Mike once said that Netscape is even worse than Internet Explorer.

Do you have any knowledge of this problem? Please let me know....

:scratchhead:

Thanks!

:unsure:

#2 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:43 PM

Firefox uses the Netscape Quality Feedback Agent (licensed, I believe) to report crashes and such to the Mozdev team to help them fix things.

It's an old version of the QFA, and it was from Netscape 4.8, but the data goes to the Mozdev team and them alone.

Netscape is _not_ on your machine.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#3 JG427

JG427

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

It's best to shut down and restart firefox after installing each extension. Trying to do several at the same time can cause this.

If it was only the last extension installed that caused the problem, its possible to remove it from your profile folder. Instructions for that here.

Edit: Or try this. In your mozilla firefox programs folder there is "firefox (safemode)" listed. Start firefox with that and no extensions load. Go to tools >extensions and choose uninstall for the last one you installed. Restart firefox.

The easy fix is to delete your profile folder and start over. It's at
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

A new profile folder is created when you start firefox.

Edited by JG427, 14 July 2004 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image
-----------Posted Image

#4 Stilcho

Stilcho

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 04:21 PM

strange, I've been using firefox 0.9.1 now for 2 weeks (1 update so far. IE shell creating problems in FF by hijackers and other crackers), don't have any problems yet. go to mozilla,org to get infos if your problems are not solve. go there, this is thier main site and the community is active there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button