• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guarana

A² Free

9 posts in this topic

Anybody heard of A²(or A squared) free anti-virus, trojan, worm, etc. by Emisoft?

Here's the website: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

If anybody has used it, do you think it's any good? Please give me your opinions about this software.

It's free, but there's also a premium version that includes live malware auto-protection features. It's $30 for the premium.

Yes i have heard of A2 (free) and use it. It seems to be a pretty good app, but i wouldn't rely on it as your only anti-malware program. It seems better as a backup, but it is improving. Never tried the premium version, so can't comment on it.

Yeah...I've been trying out some free anti-virus programs. I mainly rely on Norton SystemWorks 2004. Then I'll do a free TrendMicro online scan to sweep up whatever Norton didnt pick up.

Just incase you weren't aware of it Elfie7X, A2 is not an anti-virus. I would call it an anti-trojan, primarily. It will detect some other forms of malware, but it's certainly not an anti-virus, and should never be used in place of one.

That being said, i would say it sound like a good idea to use TrendMicro scans, along with Norton, for a second opinion. I also use the free online scanners for a double check, and also have a second anti-virus on my computer (with all scanners disabled, and used as an on-demand scanner only).

I used A2 for awhile and it doesn't scan for viruses, but maybe in the future,

as you can see on their homepage :

Trojans 20324

Dialer 3839

Worms 1641

Spyware 24

Viruses 0

I uninstalled it, because the trial period was over. :D

Yes paranoid you could be right about that, but I don't have the time at this moment to read the website completely.

It doesn't make any difference to me.

A2 is the n'th malware scanner in a long row and I have already too many scanners IMO.

Edited by ErikAlbert

There is both,

the freeware version is limited to on demand scan, while the full version add real time monitoring, along with some kind of startup monitor; a trial version for it is available.

Doctor J

Thanks for the info. Most probably, I downloaded the trial version.

I think the trial period was 30 days.

Right after the downloading and installing the trial version, I received an email to buy it. A little too fast IMO they didn't even gave me enough time to think about it.