• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Untouchable J

Anybody used Aranea Spywizard?

20 posts in this topic

Thanks for the link. Yeah, this company is very legit and very service minded, I know this for a fact as I have purchased software from them before.

Following the wilderssecurity.com threads is a bit harsh, considering these folks are only trying to help us out legit and for free. I guess we can't always avoid selfish ways of thinking.

It seems like freeimagebrowser.com is being upgraded, so I can't access your link, well I guess their site will be running soon, thanks anyway.

Thanks for your opinions!

From the threads I've read it seems this program dosent give you complete control in what is removed/quarantined. I'm not an computer expert even though I have learned alot about computer security, so I would like to have complete control. For this reason I'm not going to give this program a try, but this program seems legit (dosent add spyware/adware to your computer, does what it stated to do, etc.).

I currently use Ad-Aware & Spybot for my spyware needs. I've been searching the web for a good legit "backup". What would you guys reccomend as a good "backup" spy/adware removal?

Thanks

-J

P.S. I'm the one who started the thread at Wilders :p

Following the wilderssecurity.com threads is a bit harsh, considering these folks are only trying to help us out legit and for free. I guess we can't always avoid selfish ways of thinking.

The wilders people, what can I say about them? Though some of them do know a thing or two, many of them think much too highly of themselves. :p

Though some of them do know a thing or two, many of them think much too highly of themselves

Yes, that seems to be the case :p

I'm the one who started the thread at Wilders

Thats cool, some of the feedback you got just seemed very harsh and I honestly don't think that some of them read about this software and what it actually can perform, after I read about this new tool.

I did a search on google and downloaded Aranea Spywizard to see if their words actually matched what they had been testing, and I must agree with Paranoid, they really do think highly about themselves.

1. it offers the regular scan of the registry (and it actually removed a trojan from my computer, ooopps :D ).

2. you can set the options the way you want through Preferences.

3. is an option I like, it can clean your temporary Windows Files, Internet cache and even Nortons Quarantined files.

4. it gives information about your drivers which can been handy if you need to update your computer.

5. most importantly, it's free and updated regularly

6. It's very easy to use

This is my test, I'm sure Aranea will get better in time and its database will become bigger, I'm keeping it installed, it's always nice to have an extra security soft installed, and with my knowledge to Visualizer Image Group, I feel very safe using it.

I also use SpyBot, but it seems that in some cases there are some things it can't remove, probably because the trojan, spyware is not recognized by it (i have no idea), this is why I always have extra security softwares installed, I might get lucky that another software will find the trojan, spyware that makes my modem flash even though I'm not using bandwidth on the Internet.

Edited by BenJa2

Yea I've heard of Bazooka but I didnt know it was free:D...if it seems good I will have to donate.

Thanks for the suggestion!

-J

Yea I've heard of Bazooka but I didnt know it was free:D...if it seems good I will have to donate.

Thanks for the suggestion!

-J

Just noticed you wrote "removal", Bakooka only detects it doesn't remove, you have to do it manually.

X-Cleaner Free (see my sig for the link) is an excellent backup - detects AND removes stuff while letting you tweak a few system settings... Bazooka is OK but will take you to the Kephyr site for removal instructions once something is detected.

I downloaded Aranea a couple months ago, after someone suggested it in a thread here, but had a lot of trouble with it insisting on changing my homepage. Both Spybot's Tea-Timer and SpywareGuard threw a hissy fit... :p I uninstalled it from my XP computer but kept it on the 98 one, as I too believe it does have potential and should eventually get better in time. :)

Best,

R. :wave:

Spyware guard and tea timer tend to monitor the same things, it's no wonder when you tried to change your homepage. search assistant, both started to act up.

Spyware guard and tea timer tend to monitor the same things, it's no wonder when you tried to change your homepage. search assistant, both started to act up.

This is the explanation, of course :p but I don't think Tea-Timer and SG monitor exactly the same things... :scratchhead:

SG looks for homepage hijacks, suspicious ActiveX controls and programme add-ons (and maybe some scripts too, if I'm not mistaken) while Tea-Timer, additionally, monitors each and every change in the system itself - which sometimes can be annoying as Hell. LOL

Anyway, sorry for the probable OT...

Best,

Tea-Timer, additionally, monitors each and every change in the system itself - which sometimes can be annoying as Hell. LOL

Yes it can. Everytime I update my Mcafee it would lists every change it made...but at the same time its a very useful tool.

This is the explanation, of course tongue.gif but I don't think Tea-Timer and SG monitor exactly the same things... headscratch.gif

Try to read more carefully.I said they *tend* to not they monitor exactly the same thing. Changes to browser settings is one of the things they both monitor.

SG looks for homepage hijacks, suspicious ActiveX controls and programme add-ons (and maybe some scripts too, if I'm not mistaken) while Tea-Timer, additionally, monitors each and every change in the system itself - which sometimes can be annoying as Hell. LOL

I seriously doubt Tea-timer watches "each and every change in the system" itself that would be too slow.

What you are referring to is probably the scanning of processes, to see which matches known spy/adware.

downloaded Aranea a couple months ago, after someone suggested it in a thread here, but had a lot of trouble with it insisting on changing my homepage. Both Spybot's Tea-Timer and SpywareGuard threw a hissy fit

In any case, your problems with Areana is due to a change in the homepage and both SG and teatimer detect this one change. If you run winpatrol, SSM too on top, you will even get more "fits".

you can easily specify Aranea to set the "correct" homepage so neither SG or Teatimer will throw a fit.

Try to read more carefully.I said they *tend* to not they monitor exactly the same thing. Changes to browser settings is one of the things they both monitor.

Well, I do plead guilty in that I sometimes tend to read "diagonally" rather than word for word (my job will do that to you, and it sure isn't a good thing most of the times). However I never disagreed that they both monitor homepage changes, because that's just what they both do. On the other hand, I've never seen SG protest when I just install or uninstall a "clean" programme, for instance, so (quite reasonably, I believe) I added that Tea-Timer also monitors other things SG doesn't. I never disagreed with you in the first place. I was intending for my comment to be more light-hearted than serious, but obviously didn't manage to convey that. Well, my bad (I suppose).

I seriously doubt Tea-timer watches "each and every change in the system" itself that would be too slow.

What you are referring to is probably the scanning of processes, to see which matches known spy/adware.

I guess you got a point there. Maybe I was exaggerating a little (again in an apparently failed attempt at humour), but the fact is Tea-Timer can still be quite disrupting sometimes - although I suppose in a good way, since it constantly lets you know it's doing its job, so I'm not really complaining about that. However, I wouldn't say it just scans processes. Maybe I'm wrong or perhaps using incorrect terms, but I've seen Tea-Timer also give out alerts about changes in registry entries made by installing or uninstalling programmes, for example, or registry keys added or deleted. I'm not really sure this has to do exclusively with suspected spyware or not, since it happens with perfectly legit programmes as well.

In any case, your problems with Areana is due to a change in the homepage and both SG and teatimer detect this one change. If you run winpatrol, SSM too on top, you will even get more "fits".

Definitely no doubt about that.

you can easily specify Aranea to set the "correct" homepage so neither SG or Teatimer will throw a fit.

Well, maybe I was doing something wrong, but even so I couldn't stop SG or Tea-Timer from protesting. Even if I copied and pasted the exact URL of my homepage into Aranea's relevant box, it was still being treated as a hijack attempt. Perhaps it was a bug in the programme or in my system, or a bad configuration, or I wouldn't know what else. The fact is the problem persisted no matter what I did.

I specify again that this only occured on XP and not on 98 (with both SG & SS&D installed and Tea-Timer activated on both systems), although I still couldn't tell you why that happened... :scratchhead:

Edited by rosso_acido