• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moomoo

IE playing up

4 posts in this topic

First off I'd like to say hi to all my potential saviours! :D

Here is my problem, when I try to open any link in IE in a new indow the page will not load. The link I clicked (which should open in a new open - I hold down the shift key) opens in the current window and a new window opens but nothing will load in it.

A friend of mine mentioned that he had this problem a few years ago and came here and got it sorted. We tried to do a search but we couldn't find it.

We believe it has something to do with replacing a "Oxxx.dll" file.

Could someone please outline the fix for this problem. I am not a tech guru so don't know a lot - so please be reasonably "plain englished" about it!

Thanks in advance

Moomoo :p

Hi,

Try this even though I'm not sure this is the cure all, but go to your Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options then Privacy. If you slider is set to "High" I would lower it to "Medium High" (and then Medium if need be), and then click apply and okay. See if that is what the doctor ordered. Keep us posted...

Thanks for trying but that wasn't it. I think it has to do with O.dll I mentioned above. Could someone else please take a look and let me know. Thanks in advance!

Moomoo