HELP! Are any of these incompatible?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aka_bigfan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:47 PM

Hello! Until recently I have only been using Norton AV2001 (updated regularly through live update) and McAfee firewall. I did not install McAfee AV since there are incompatibility issues with Norton. Yesterday I downloaded a free AV called avast. It alerted me on some things found on my computer like BiSpy, ncasespy, trojano etc. Because of this i read on spyware and downloaded the ff:HijackThis, AdAware, SpyBot, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster and SwatIt. Do I really need all of these in my system? Am I not risking any compatibility issues here? Thanks for your suggestions.

#2 lonewolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Hi Aka_Bigfan

I use most of the programs (Hijackthis, Spybot, Ad-Aware, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster and many more) you listed w/o any problems on my system.

But if your going to use a second anti-virus, such as Avast, with NAV just make sure you disable all scanners in Avast and use it as an on-demand scanner only, if it's going to be your secondary scanner. You should never have more than one anti-virus running together on one computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button