Importing from Netscape Mail to Outlook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nybombers7

nybombers7

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:23 PM

Any one know how to import my mail from Netscape mail to Outlook? Or for that matter does anyone have a recomendation for a better mail program to use? I seem to get too many errors with netscape and was going to switch to Outlook, but can't get it to Import my mail.

I am using windows XP with the latest netscape and IE.

Thanks!

#2 Gruntfuttock

Gruntfuttock

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:51 AM

I use Pocomail
http://www.pocomail.com/

# Unlike some competing products, PocoMail doesn't use the Internet Explorer component to preview your HTML messages. Instead it uses an internal HTML viewer.

# PocoMail does not understand VBScript or JavaScript, which are used to write email viruses.

# PocoMail will not run PocoScript, its own scripting language, from messages you receive. While VBScript and JavaScript let a third-party control your mailer, PocoScript was designed to let you better control your mailer. You'll need to enable PocoScript on a message (to better process it) before the script can run

far more secure than OE , also has great Spam filtering

free demo version available , but well worth buying

:D :D :D

Edited by Gruntfuttock, 17 July 2004 - 05:52 AM.

#3 nybombers7

nybombers7

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:14 AM

Thanks I like that program, how stable is it though (meaning will it be around for a while?) I was able to import my e-mail from netscape, but say they stop making it and I need to switch to a different e-mail program will I be able to do that without loosing all my mail?

#4 Gruntfuttock

Gruntfuttock

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

Well I have been using it for about 2 -3 years now , they update fairly regularly , and although I have never tried , I think you can export stuff quite easily.
It`s also been featured on quite a few Magazine CD`s here in the UK.
but If they stop updating , there is nothing stopping you from carrying on using it , the security and Junk mail features will still work.
have fun :D

Edited by Gruntfuttock, 18 July 2004 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button