BHO - What about this one

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sundaypunch

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

Hello - I'm trying to troubleshoot a browser hijack problem. I am following the excellent tutorial posted at this site. I have reviewed the BHO's listed in my Hijack This logfile. One of them does not appear in the "list of all known BHO's" in the tutorial. It's recommended that I post it here prior to doing anything with it. If anyone could give me any input I would appreciate it. Here is the text from the logfile-

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2EE72B4F-E40E-EFB8-15AA-4EB5AE709679} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlgi32.dll

#2 dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:28 PM

It looks like one of the "random name, random CLSID" BHos generated by several different malwares. check the properties of the file, and see if there is any information there. The date created may be helpful in deciding if it is nasty.

If still uncertain, post the complete Hijack this log in a reply here.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 sundaypunch

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:41 PM

Hi Dave

Prior to reading your reply I removed several files using Hijack This (using info. from the tutorial). This did no good. When I re-ran Hijack This I also removed the BHO mentioned here. My problem appears to be solved and things are now working fine.

If it would help anyone else, I can post my logfile info. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button