Reappearing start up items

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BigTymer101

BigTymer101

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:50 AM

I ran msconfig and unchecked the startup item 4H49YAF2CA9RHT, then restarted my computer. But when I ran msconfig again the startup item 4H49YAF2CA9RHT was still checked. I unchecked it again and restarted my computer but it was still checked. I tried deleting the regeristry but it keeps reappearing. The item 4H49YAF2CA9RHT is located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Voqw.exe, but when I look for it in the system folder it is not there. I tried deleting it with hijack this however it will just come back moments later under a different location (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Nuzk63g.exe). I delete that using hijack this and when I scan again it is there again but in the location of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Voqw.exe. Norton Antivirus does not find any viruses or trojans. Also, I have Ad-aware and Spybot but they find nothing. What is 4H49YAF2CA9RHT and is their any way to get rid of it.

#2 Innuendo

Innuendo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:56 AM

Sounds like the same problem over in my thread. I'd suggest posting a log and waiting patiently for one of the guys to help you out.

#3 pomp

pomp

Forum Deity

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:59 AM

Yes, that is the peper trojan. Run this tool http://downloads.sub...rg/PeperFix.exe save it to your desktop. Run it, when done, restart your computer. Then post a new log.

PLEASE DON'T PM ME OR EMAIL ME WITH HELP ON LOGS :). POST IN THE FORUM INSTEAD

#4 BigTymer101

BigTymer101

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 03:27 PM

thanks!

#5 pomp

pomp

Forum Deity

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip