NoAdware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gneal

gneal

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 12:23 PM

When I realized I had been hijacked I started to look at some removal programs. I looked at a comparison chart and one that was highly recommended was NoAdware. So I bought it. (That was before I found this site) I have not seen anyone on this forum mention them. Did I get highjacked again?

#2 oshmir

oshmir

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

I'm sorry, but that was a bad move. Most adware/spyware removal programs that cost money are gimmicks and just put even more of that crap on your computer. But even so, programs that are free work just as good as ones that cost money.

Here is a link that has info on many programs including the NoAdware one you bought.

The first basic programs you should download are Spybot: Search and Destroy and Lavasoft's Ad-aware

Edited by oshmir, 18 July 2004 - 01:11 PM.

#3 gneal

gneal

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

Thats what I was afraid of. Unfortunately, I found this site after searching for more info because of no luck with NoAdware. I have since downloaded Spybot S&D and Ad Aware. Should I remove the NoAdware Program?

#4 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

gneal,
I would remove it. NoAdware can't be trusted and you don't know what this program does each time you run it.
Sorry for the money, but everybody makes mistakes.
If I was you I would visit this forum on a regular base and read the FAQ, pinned posts and new posts.

Edited by ErikAlbert, 18 July 2004 - 04:26 PM.

ErikAlbert
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#5 gneal

gneal

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:25 PM

Its removed. I'll go back to PC troublshooting to see if I can get rid of the highjacker in my computer. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button