Help! I'm lost.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 geneva

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 01:22 PM

Hi Good People out there,

My computer acts strangely. Some times when I just sit still in front of it, doing nothing, it starts working in the background crazily. I just can see that it is doing something. My computer is slow. Some times when I logon into my Yahoo e-mail account it does not download for some minutes (10-15), meaning I just can not get it into my own account after login on.
I called my friend and he told me to check the task manager in such a time, when my computer goes crazy. So, I did and have found that there are some applications working in the background without me doing anything, such as:

- WTools.ex
- explorer.exe
- findfast.exe
- msmsgs.exe
- BifFix.exe
- svchost.exe
I am not going to list them all. There are lots of them. Some times it also has happend to me that when I wanted to spell my e-mail before I sent it my text just disappeared all together. Some time I have errors telling awkward things.

Please help me. I am not good in computers at all. Please be as specific as possible how can I get rid of possible parasites I have on my computer.

Thank you in advance.

#2 dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

We need a closer look at what's happening.
Please download Hijack this
Copy it into its own folder, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, do Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

#3 Master Green

Master Green

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

Wtools is spyware and I do beleive you can remove it by going to your add/remove programs...There are two versions out called WToolsA. -and- WToolS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button