• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cpalma

Alcohol 120%

6 posts in this topic

My son keeps downloading the program "Alcohol 120%". He says he runs it just fine on his computer, but when he puts it on mine, I get innundated by popups/spyware. Is it spyware/malware?

Hi cpalma,

I did some searching, and it doesn't appear that that program contains any spyware. Does he have any spyware protection that you don't have?

You should probably make a HJT log and get it looked over in the malware removal forum, and then when you know it's clean, try installing the program again to see what happens.

Turnip

Thanks for the reply.

I have done a HJT log and posted it here.

It's not that I don't believe him, but everytime he installs it on my computer I get innundated with popups and malware!

It's definitely not spyware. I have had it on my computer and used it for years, no popups or spyware at all.

It's a program that lets you create virtual drives and burn CD images.

My bet's on your son is downloading some games/movies. :) Pirates are usually the ones with most need for Alcohol 120%. :-D

Don't ask me how I know that though... :whistle:

Yeah, it wouldn't really make sense if it contains spyware, as the free one is just a shareware version of a full program.

If he is installing a warez version or a crack for the shareware version, that could cause spyware to be installed along with the crack or warez copy. I know the shareware version from www.alcohol-soft.com (the official site) contains no spyware, though it will automatically check for new versions every so often unless that feature is disabled.