• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyDangerous

JonnyDangerous

RocknRoll

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:51 AM

I recently downloaded the executable zlsSetup_50_590_043.exe to update Zonealarm. The installation had no errors and the "about" menu shows the Zonealarm, TrueVector and Driver versions as 5.0.590.043 but I am still getting the popup reminder to update now or in x days. When I continue to update from that prompt the download is the update I have just installed. Is there any way to sort this out?

#2 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:56 AM

I suggest contact their support. I had a similar problem a few years ago and it never did resolve. Contact link: http://www.zonelabs....port/csForm.jsp

I now use Kerio and like it a lot better:
http://www.kerio.com...kpf2-en-win.exe

Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#3 Charlesvar

Charlesvar

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

but I am still getting the popup reminder to update now or in x days. When I continue to update from that prompt the download is the update I have just installed. Is there any way to sort this out?

Hello Jonny,

Change the update reminder to "manual" in the preferences tab.

Regards - Charles

#4 JonnyDangerous

JonnyDangerous

RocknRoll

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the responses, I've set the update to manual for the time being but am concerned that it may not detect more recent updates when they are released. ZoneLabs don't offer support on the free version but I sent them an email anyway however, they do offer full support for the 30 day trial version of ZoneAlarm Pro so if all else fails...
I've been thinking of trying other firewalls, I have a 225Mhz 32Mb piece of crap so if anyone can suggest a reliable firewall that uses minimal system resources I'd appreciate it. I'll certainly be giving Kerio a try.

#5 Charlesvar

Charlesvar

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

Tbut am concerned that it may not detect more recent updates when they are released.

It certainly doesn't stop you from manually checking, lets say once a week. There should by a "check manually" button in that area.

Firewall versions are not updated with anywhere near the frequency of anti-viruses for example, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It would also be wise to check on issues with newly released versions before installing http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

Regards - Charles

Edited by Charlesvar, 25 July 2004 - 08:27 PM.

#6 JonnyDangerous

JonnyDangerous

RocknRoll

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:36 PM

Zonelabs did respond to my email, suggesting I uninstall and reinstall from a fresh download but since trying out Kerio theres no way I'll be installing ZoneAlarm again! Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button