• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drite

My computer went crazy and now I want to format it

3 posts in this topic

My cumputer have been acting more and more strange. In the beginning it would restart sometimes when I was in middle of something. Always 2 times in a row. Sometimes I would loose connection to internet untill restart. After some months with theese problems I got a new one. After some time it would freeze 3-5 secs. Then work 3-5 secs and repeat that. I think the connection was lost while it did that. Continued untill I restarted. I had lavasoft adaware 6.0 and spybot search and destroy. I also had Norton Antivirus but it stopped working. Today when I turned on my computer it got really weird. Whenever it finished loading windows a blue screen with some script stuff popped up for like a half second. Then it would restart and repeat untill turned off. Then a friend of mine installed a new windows and now I can use it all.. But I want to format it and instill windows a new. But I cant find out how to format the c-drive.

Any help appriciated

Hello Drite,

What OS?

If XP - boot from the XP CD - if you have one. You're going to have to go into the BIOS - delete key on bootup and change the boot sequence to CD-ROM first. Then reboot and have the XP cd in the cd player and follow the on-screen instructions. Print out the reference below on clean XP install before you start.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp XP clean install instructions

If 9X - MS formating and partioning instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;q255867

Regards - Charles