My computer went crazy and now I want to format it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drite

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

My cumputer have been acting more and more strange. In the beginning it would restart sometimes when I was in middle of something. Always 2 times in a row. Sometimes I would loose connection to internet untill restart. After some months with theese problems I got a new one. After some time it would freeze 3-5 secs. Then work 3-5 secs and repeat that. I think the connection was lost while it did that. Continued untill I restarted. I had lavasoft adaware 6.0 and spybot search and destroy. I also had Norton Antivirus but it stopped working. Today when I turned on my computer it got really weird. Whenever it finished loading windows a blue screen with some script stuff popped up for like a half second. Then it would restart and repeat untill turned off. Then a friend of mine installed a new windows and now I can use it all.. But I want to format it and instill windows a new. But I cant find out how to format the c-drive.
Any help appriciated

#2 Charlesvar

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

Hello Drite,

What OS?

If XP - boot from the XP CD - if you have one. You're going to have to go into the BIOS - delete key on bootup and change the boot sequence to CD-ROM first. Then reboot and have the XP cd in the cd player and follow the on-screen instructions. Print out the reference below on clean XP install before you start.

http://www.winsupers...xp_sg_clean.asp XP clean install instructions

If 9X - MS formating and partioning instructions:

Regards - Charles

#3 Drite

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:52 AM

Thank you that helped!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button