• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muriel

Napster Ad took over UK yahoo site

11 posts in this topic

I brought up the UK Yahoo site last night, and they had a new Napster Ad on the main page, which, within 3-4 seconds redirected the browser to Napster.co.uk with no way to close and go back, and afterwards found Alexa on my system.

I sent a message to the folks at the US Yahoo site as I couldn't access the other, mentioning it, requesting they check into the ad and think about removing it, but whether they already know about it or even care, who knows?

I'll wait a few days before I go back there. <_<

Yeah, same happened here, on my other machine. To be frank, I was surprised to find Alexa there after I'd cleaned it with both AAW and SS&D ages ago, but didn't immediately associate it with the Napster incident. Yuk.

BTW (and I do apologise for the OT) what happened to the smilie icons? I keep getting red X's in place of most of them (see screengrab below). Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

EDIT - Oh, and another thing - Opera crashed twice when I attempted to load the Emoticons panel. Went to a couple other forums (NI & Wilders) and didn't encounter the same problem.

R.

post-32-1085307958.gif

Edited by rosso_acido

I don't know what's going on with the smilies...I have even fewer today than yesterday. I discovered that part of my Java aps from Sun were damaged, but attributed that to all the cleaning up from H. Defender. I cleared it out and reinstalled (not fun, the damaged parts kept Windows installer from recognizing it, so I had to do it manually), but even with it reinstalled successfully, there's no improvement...

Maybe one of the Admin's know, Would it be worth while to start a new thread regarding this or else PM one of them?

Would it be worth while to start a new thread regarding this?

Hmm... yes, maybe. Although I don't know which of the forums might be more appropriate for that... Any ideas? (Or if any of the mods happens to see this, if you think it's worth a thread of its own, please move the messages accordingly).

At first I thought there was something wrong with my PC, so I downloaded & installed the VB Scripting Fix from M$ - but no joy... Then I visited several forums that use the same format/layout as this one (NI, Lavasoft etc) as well as a few other ones, and all smilies were there. I also checked from my other PC, and still had the same problem here at SWI. As I said above, the Opera browser crashes on both my machines whenever I try to pull up the Emoticons panel that shows all the smilies...

Anyway, maybe it's just a temporary glitch that will hopefully fix itself in time.

Best,

R.

Same with me, I miss those smilies. I thought something was up with the PC as well, so I am pleased to see your thread. It saves me scratching my head. It is only those to the left of the reply box, the "Clickable Smilies".

I thought something was up with the PC as well, so I am pleased to see your thread. It saves me scratching my head.

And that nice blue smilie scratching its head that we had on the old forum isn't here any more... LOL

Seriously now, maybe the admins are making changes to the board. It's still a very fresh forum, and will take some time to fully resemble the old one... ;)

R. aka BS

EDIT - Oh, and another thing - Opera crashed twice when I attempted to load the Emoticons panel. Went to a couple other forums (NI & Wilders) and didn't encounter the same problem.

R.

Same here too, so perhaps the "Opera problem" is tied into the "Smiley Problem" in some obscure way.

JB

Hmmm... that's quite interesting. Although I suppose it's because Opera has this feature of partly enabling/disabling images on web pages. I didn't try tinkering with this feature, though, to see what happens...

R. (scratching head)

Same problem with Firefox. :( (No smiley displayed, only a blank box)

They simply not have all been reinstalled when the forum changed. (Scratches head)

Edited by Freebird

Well, Yahoo removed that rogue Napster ad from their UK site (not sure exactly when, as I've avoided it for several days). Whether they'll allow something like that in the future... :hmmm:

Hey, Mike fixed most of the smilies!! Thanks!

(how about that one with the computer getting chucked?? :D )

:gah:

Hit the "Show All" link at the bottom of the smilies..