• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

:wave:

I've followed PGPhantom's advice of updating Ad-aware as of 6/29/04 and re-running in full scan mode. For the first time in several weeks, I know seem to have control of my own chosen home page and no "Only the Best" pop-ups. Hooray, Applause, Thank You, Thank You. :thumbsup:

I stand in awe at the spirit of co-operation and teamwork evidenced by this forum and its volunteers. This res://<random>.dll/>random>.html#<random> hijack has been the single most frustrating computer-related event I've ever experienced and I'm extraordinarily grateful to this forum for leading me to a resolution. I make the assumption that the team at Ad-aware incorporated a fix that benefited either partially or in full from the investigative work done here. Thanks again and please keep up the good work.

#2 Robert McDorman

Robert McDorman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:55 PM

:thumbsup: Today, after running Ad-Aware for the past 8 months, i learned how to run it properly.
:cool: Thanks, to the admin's 4 accepting a newbie & to Phantom, 4 counting the ways.

#3 LanceM

LanceM

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:10 AM

So am I to remove evrything in the log or just what the adware program highlights to remove?

#4 Algernon

Algernon

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:19 AM

res://<random>.dll/<random>.html#<random> - e.g. res://yzrgm.dll/index.html#96676
As of June 28th, 2004 - Ad-Aware still leaves the service intact - You will still need to post your log to get this variant removed

To reinforce this statement, I can attest that I ran Ad-aware (with all the latest updates and per the configuration instructions here) on June 30, 2004 and it did not remove this malware variant. Sigh.

I'm being patient and not bumping my post.

Pssst. The thread is here. :whistle:

#5 thedarkone

thedarkone

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

So am I to remove evrything in the log or just what the adware program highlights to remove?

Remove everything, for everything Ad Aware detects is spyware/malware reg hacks or whatever.
Ad aware has saved my life. ;D

#6 PlayOn

PlayOn

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 02:00 PM

YESSSS thank you soo much, it got rid of my res:// problem! Now I'm just waiting to see if anyone can see any other problems in my log file. Thanks for the "mini-tutorial" on ad-aware!

#7 Cray

Cray

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

OMG thank you! I finnaly got that stupid WCS off my virgin pc XD
ad aware hadn0't worked for me before.. :)

edit: I'm changing to mozilla, no more IE for me from now on XD

Edited by Cray, 09 July 2004 - 11:49 PM.

#8 walleyek

walleyek

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:30 AM

When doing an Ad-aware full scan is it necessary to disable system restore and/or boot into Safe Mode?

#9 tehachap

tehachap

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:53 PM

Doesn't Ad-Aware leave its own spies on your system? I'm running Spy-Bot S&D (latest version) along with Norton 2004. I keep getting "raso.exe" in my Windows start-up. How can I block this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button