• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oneeyeelf1

cwsuppershredder broke notepad.exe

4 posts in this topic

well when cwshredder was running and did that check to tell you to close all instances of notepad, I closed 3 of the 4, I missed one. Well ever since then I CAN'T double click on a .txt when it is associated with notepad, I CAN double click a .txt if it is associated with wordpad, and I CAN double click an .ini if its associated with notepad.

Edited by oneeyeelf1

Dude, I had the same , or similar problem.......im not sure if CWS shredder did it or what....coulda been a virus or someone ya know always trying to get in the computer.

ANYHOO

so to fix the ".txt" files cant be opend w/ NOTEPAD its b/c the notepad.exe file is f*cked. U have to go into C:/WINDOWS and then press "N" twice and it will jump u down the entire folder to Notpad. From there u have to rewrite notepad as any name and then open that up and then goto FILE, OPEN and then scroll for your text files. IF U HAVE WIN XP then u can put the Notepad.exe as a Program on the Start menu or on the "BUTTONS" menu on your taskbar. IT should work from here.

~S

Well I kinda BORROWED from your suggestion, it is the fact that notepad.exe is just getting blocked, I copied notepad.exe and renamed it noteman.exe. I then reassociated text files with noteman.exe and guess what IT WORKS, its just that now theres a different icon for my text files, anyone know how to fix that?

If thisis WinXP, delete your Noteman.exe.

Find the Notepad.exe file in your C:\Windows folder, and copy (NOT move) it to the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Allow it to overwrite the one in there (if there still is one).

That should fix that.

Reason: The copy in System32 has been replaced/corrupted , probably by a CWS parasite variant, but the one in Windows is protected by Windows File Protection, and is therefore usually intact.

BTW, you need to re-associate txt files with Notepoad.exe, of course....

Cheers,

Edited by TonyKlein