WinXP registry entry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 haerski

haerski

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:43 AM

My computer keeps re-booting itself continuously. Normal virus scan reveals nothing but the following entry was found with a TDS-3 scan:

Scan Control Dumped @ 13:31:05 21-07-04
RegVal Trace: Suspicious: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
File: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [rundll=rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll",Load]

Is it safe to remove this file? Thanks.

#2 H@ns

H@ns

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:56 AM

Don't remove rundll32.exe!!

Do you get an error while you are booting your computer (bridge.dll = missing or something like that?)

I'm not sure if you may delete this file if you don't get an error.

You may always post a HijackTHis log here.

Downloadlink can be found below. DON'T FIX HIJACKTHIS ENTRIES YOURSELF! HijackThis shows bad, but also GOOD entries who are important for a great running of your system! (Save HJT to a permanent folder, like C:\HJT, double-click to open it, press Scan, press Save Log, save it elsewere. Notepad wil shows up, with your HJT Log inside. Use Ctrl + A to select the whole log, then use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to paste it on the board with your next post ;)

Edited by H@ns, 21 July 2004 - 07:04 AM.

Nucia Security Forums - Dutch Anti-Malware Support

#3 colum

colum

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

Excuse for invading your post haerski.>>>>>>I also checked my XP registry and found one named "Unknown".> It had two items-Always show ext andQuery class store.> And the entry -%systemroot\system32\rundll2.exe%systemroot.>> There were three subkeys- opena ,shell and command.>>Should there be an "Unknown" registry key? Any help or understanding of what this means is a big help. Made my own post, but no one answers.>>Apologize for jumping in on your post haerski, but the words Window XP registry prompted me.>>Good luck on solving your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button