Photo

why don't you guys deal with order of posts?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rcd777

rcd777

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:15 AM

There are some people that have been waiting quite some time for help and it's very annoying that they have been neglected. And b/4 you say they haven't, look at the dates of some of the posts that you haven't even bother to acknowledge and then look at todays posts and see how many have already been given help.

Quite frankly, you should deal with posts as they come in and not leave people waiting for weeks. Are they not important? I'm sure they would think they are.

Anyway, I have dealt with my hijacker quite easily. Since I am one of "those" that will be waiting an eternity for assistance and don't have the luxury of time up my sleeve, I took the easy way out.

Step 1. get another hard drive and install Windows on it (second hand hard drive are a dime a dozen and new ones are cheap)
Step 2. install your antivirus program and update it
Step 3. then update Windows
Step 4. download Spy Sweeper, Adaware etc and setup to protect for future attacks and data transfer from the infected drive.
Step 5. set up infected drive as a slave or as an external drive via usb.
Step 6. transfer required data
Step 7. FORMAT the hell out of the infected drive to rid it once and for all.

In my case the bug tried to jump across and alter the registry on the new drive but Spy Sweeper blocked it.

Guys, you should do the right thing and not leave people waiting for days on end and weeks in some cases. The people who posted today should have waited their turn. Please get real!!!

#2 PGPhantom

PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:29 PM

I do empathise with your frustration, believe you me. Unfortunately everyone one helping here ae volunteers, they do not get paid and quite often do not even receive thanks for their great work. There are far too many problems to deal with and too few people to help plus - The majority of the posters do not even take the time to read the pinned topics which would resolve many of the issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button