• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kikaida

kikaida

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:53 PM

Hi all,

Well, here I am with my first hijacked browser. I thought I had it licked but can't seem to get out the last of it. I looked at the faqs and am still having an issue. Here's whats happened so far.

First, I had Cool Web Search and seemed to have gotten rid of that one. Then I had one that was pointing me to lookfor.cc seemed to have got that one out. Now I have one that changes my home page to "res.\\{varies}.whatever". That seems to be the only one left...I think (unless they are all the same thing and I just broke pieces of it).

These are the actions I have taken.

Ad-aware-fully updated as well as the VX2 plug-in. Ran both in safe mode and regular/ On network and off network. Also customized to scan every little file on the system. Keeps finding new items when put on line.

Symantec anti-virus (updated)-Both safe and regular mode/ On and offline finds nothing.

Ran Trend Micro's "House Call" free on-line scan against Symantec. Found "troj.winshow" deleted. Rescanned and all was clean. Rebooted, rescanned and found "troj.EMT" deleted.

Ran CWShredder, didn't seem to find anything.

Ran HSRemove (safe-mode offline), initially found 196 items all deleted. Re-ran and was clean. Restarted (regular mode, offline) Re-ran and clean. Put on line, re-ran 11 items deleted.

I have BHOdemon running and it keeps flagging BHOs trying to start up every minute or so. The BHOs are random .dlls (you can see two in the dump that are disabled). I just kill them as they come. Also have a program running that flags any attempt to change browser setting (forgot name) this keeps popping up with a home page change attempt which I cancel.

When I type in the address bar "spywareinfo.com" I get an error that show it typed out as "Xspyware.com" or something to that extent. It adds a character to my address.

At start up, I was getting an error pointing to an exe called "apibs.exe". I have since corrected that by doing surgery in the registry and such but that may be a clue to you.

I did have some odd settings in the registry that I attempted to correct but am still having an issue.

I also tried a few other spy-ware removal programs with no success.

So it seems that I pulled off all the leaves of the bush except for one...And I can't reach it. So here goes my dump.

I have my suspicions but I have never used this product and thought I would leave it to the pros.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 7:16:58 PM, on 7/20/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3vb.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\DELL\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
C:\Program Files\DELL\AccessDirect\DadTray.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0b\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL COMPANION\COMPANION.EXE
C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScan\hpppt.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msoffice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswt32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\msagent\AgentSvr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Craig Strickland\Desktop\CWShredder\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll/sp.html#28129
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://slpse.dll/index.html#28129
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://smbusiness.dellnet.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://slpse.dll/index.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://slpse.dll/index.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll/sp.html#28129
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {16A475A2-AF45-9FBD-E7E7-D0973D18A485} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ipgt32.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\WINDOWS\GoogleToolbar1.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {DB0880F3-861D-7F3F-EE94-F47D9A710E14} - C:\WINDOWS\atlln.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {DCB7AA47-29E8-5669-EB30-7BCD8254F742} - C:\WINDOWS\ippq.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\DELL\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell|Alert] C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyFerret] C:\Program Files\SpyFerret by OnlinePCfix\SFerret.exe /updaterun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winqi32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winqi32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mswt32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswt32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrojanScanner] C:\Program Files\Trojan Remover\Trjscan.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [d3vb.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3vb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [javaux32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaux32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [appvd.exe] C:\WINDOWS\appvd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [apinl32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\apinl32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ntqo32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntqo32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ntpd32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\ntpd32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ipsz.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipsz.exe
O4 - Startup: BHODemon 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Palm\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0b\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HP Parallel Port Test.lnk = C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScan\hpppt.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Powerpoint\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarest...es2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com...kup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = factory.com
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = factory.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = factory.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = factory.com

#2 mmxx66

mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

Hello please download About:Buster and unzip it to your desktop.Donīt run it yet.

How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= Please check this link for instructions on how to download, install and then use adaware. Donīt use it yet.
1 You already have Adaware installed. Make sure it's up to date. Just open Adaware and click on *Check for Updates Now* and then *Connect*. It will find a new reference-file. Click *ok* and let it download and install the updates by clicking on *Finish* .This will return you to the main screen. You should now see Reference File # : 01R332 12.07.2004 or higher listed.

2 Print out these instructions so you have them handy as most of the steps need to be done in safe mode and you may not be able to go online.

3. Next, go to Start->Run and type "Services.msc" (without quotes) then hit Ok
Scroll down and find the service called "Network Security Service". When you find it, double-click on it. In the next window that opens, click the Stop button, then click on properties and under the General Tab, change the Startup Type to Disabled. Now hit Apply and then Ok and close any open windows.If this service is not listed go ahead with the next step.

4. Reboot to Safe Mode
How to start the computer in Safe mode
http://service1.syma...src=sec_doc_nam

5. Make sure your PC is configured to show hidden files

Open Windows Explorer & Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked.
Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and untick "hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

6.CLOSE ALL WINDOWS AND BROWSERS Scan with Hijack This and put checks next to all the following, then click "Fix Checked"

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll/sp.html#28129
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://slpse.dll/index.html#28129
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://slpse.dll/index.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll/sp.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://slpse.dll/index.html#28129
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll/sp.html#28129
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {16A475A2-AF45-9FBD-E7E7-D0973D18A485} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ipgt32.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {DCB7AA47-29E8-5669-EB30-7BCD8254F742} - C:\WINDOWS\ippq.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winqi32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winqi32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mswt32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswt32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [d3vb.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3vb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [javaux32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaux32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [appvd.exe] C:\WINDOWS\appvd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [apinl32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\apinl32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ntqo32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntqo32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ntpd32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\ntpd32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [ipsz.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipsz.exe

7. delete the following files if present.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slpse.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ipgt32.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ippq.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winqi32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswt32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3vb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaux32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\appvd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\apinl32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntqo32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ntpd32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipsz.exe

8. Double click AboutBuster.exe that you downloaded earlier. Click OK, click Start, then click OK. This will scan your computer for the bad files and delete them. Save the report(copy and paste into notepad or wordpad and save as a .txt file) and post a copy back here when you are done with all the steps.

9. Scan with Adaware and let it remove any bad files found.

10. Clean out temporary and TIF files. Go to Start > Run and type in the box: cleanmgr. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure these 3 are checked and then press *ok* to remove:

Temporary Files
Temporary Internet Files
Recycle Bin

11. Reboot to normal mode, scan again with Hijack This and post a new log here.

12. Finally, do an online scan HERE. Let it remove any infected files found.

Post a fresh HijackThis log and the AboutBuster report back here please.

#3 kikaida

kikaida

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for your quick response!!!!!!! =)

I don't have a Network Security Service object in the services area so I skipped that step (XP Pro maybe doesn't have?)

About:Buster is erroring out with an unregistered or missing .ocx

I am moving forward with ad-aware and the rest of the steps, I'll have a report up shortly.

#4 mmxx66

mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:16 PM

For missing MSCOMCTL.OCX, download and run this program from Javacool Software. http://www.spywarein...ngfilesetup.exe

#5 kikaida

kikaida

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:59 PM

I actually had that .ocx in my I386 so I manually registered it and it worked fine. I am scanning with trend as I write this.

I first scanned with ad-aware and it found 9 items.

I then scanned with buster and the log is to follow.

I then scanned with HSRemove and it found 8 items.

Hopefully we got it all.

Any hoots, here are the logs.

-- Scan 1 --------
About:Buster Version 1.31
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\fhdhe.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\mhofg.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\okhut.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\rsbqu.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\vhtdnk.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\xvkpp.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctaow.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\delkj.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\mswt32.exe
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\nzbzq.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\slpse.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\urmys.dat
Removed! : C:\WINDOWS\System32\wcfvf.dat
Attempted Clean Of Temp folder.
Removed Uninstall Key (HSA)
Removed Uninstall Key (SE)
Removed Uninstall Key (SW)
Pages Reset... Done!

(second pass in safe mode was clean)

And here is HJT:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:58:06 PM, on 7/21/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsgSys.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\DELL\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\DELL\AccessDirect\DadTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0b\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScan\hpppt.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msoffice.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Craig Strickland\Desktop\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://smbusiness.dellnet.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://hsremove.com/done.htm
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\System32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\DELL\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell|Alert] C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pure Networks Port Magic] "C:\PROGRA~1\PURENE~1\PORTMA~1\PortAOL.exe" -Run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyFerret] C:\Program Files\SpyFerret by OnlinePCfix\SFerret.exe /updaterun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrojanScanner] C:\Program Files\Trojan Remover\Trjscan.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpyFerret] C:\Program Files\SpyFerret by OnlinePCfix\SFerret.exe /autocheck
O4 - Startup: BHODemon 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\BHODemon 2\BHODemon.exe
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Palm\Hotsync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0b\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AOL Companion.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL Companion\companion.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HP Parallel Port Test.lnk = C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScan\hpppt.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Powerpoint\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\windows\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} (CInstall Class) - http://www.spywarest...es2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com...kup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = factory.com
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = factory.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = factory.com
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = factory.com

Whew, lets hope this does it! =)

#6 mmxx66

mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:57 PM

Good job!
Your log is clean.
This item is considered to be resource hog that is not needed and it may be worthwhile to fix it with HJT. You will still be able to start it manually if you need it:

Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
To protect yourself further:
  • IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
I also suggest that you delete any files from "temp", "tmp" folders. In Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" => "Internet Options" => "Delete Files" and select the box that says "Delete All Offline Content" and click on "OK" twice. Also, empty the recycle bin by right clicking on it and selecting "Empty Recycle Bin". These steps should be done on a regular basis.

And also see TonyKlein's good advice
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Good luck! :D

#7 kikaida

kikaida

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Excellent!

Thanks for your help!!! :D

#8 mmxx66

mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff