1 reply to this topic

#1 Legion5

Legion5

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:47 AM

:grrr: Ok now I've got it for sure.

about:blank is still on my dam computer, and still messing with it :grrr:

I was playing CnC:Gens ZH and WinPatrol went off 3 tims!!!! Its 1:30 AM AND IT COST ME THE GAME, and I'm pro and that was a fairly important game aswell.

I had no IE windows open and internet explorer hadn't been run for hours.

-

I have been re-infected several times.

I am no computer n00b.

-

I have run, hijack this, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot Search&Destroy, about:buster, CWShreader and about every other spyware destroying software out there.

AND I STILL KEEP GETTING re-infected, I have the lastest windows updates, what is up???

This is driving my the bleeping insane!!!

My home page is fine but it KEEPS TRYING TO RE-INFECT, even when I have no IE windows open, so wtf is causing it??????????????

#2 Warez Monk

Warez Monk

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:57 AM

I had a problem with a registry that wouldn't delete in About:Buster properly, and it kept coming back. If you keep finding things via About:Buster that simply wont delete I suggest running in safe mode while disconnected. Thats how I got rid of it.

IF your positive you've removed all the O4 processes successfully, as well as CWS shredder and using About:Buster in safe mode (without finding anything else) then I'm at a loss for words. My only guess is that About:Buster program though complete is still a bit in the early stage, and it hasn't gotten all the adware registries and programs yet.

just my 2 cents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button