SP.HTML removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dontbesojumpy

dontbesojumpy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:52 AM

i know there are other threads about this, but they all seem to have directions for XP, and i am running windows ME. i have tried all the other directions, but i cannot get anything to work. i have adawar 6, spyhunter, spy bot, some german program specifically designed to get the sp.html trojan, hijack this, CWSshedder, registrar lite, and AMP, but AMP will not run. it just comes up as an error in (unknown) when i try to run it.

i have located and deleted the VISIBLE .dll file over and over and over. i know where it is, but i cannot find the hidden regeneration file. i also know where the specific SP.HTML file that hijack this! finds every time. it's in my windows/system/temp folder.
the .dll is in my windows/system folder and is currently ILDAMND.DLL and will be this until i delete it. i m running in circles and i dont know what to do now. any help...anyone...PLEASE? just show me how to get the hidden file so it will stop regenerating.

#2 12g

12g

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:06 PM

Hi there,

Please do this;

Update HijackThis to version 1.98
run HijackThis
select config> misc tools and select "update online". then yes.
Run a scan and post a new Hijackthis log after you are done.

#3 dontbesojumpy

dontbesojumpy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

yeah i downloaded the program that rubber ducky made...it's working so far. so i ll wait to see if it comes back.

#4 12g

12g

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:08 PM

Ok, if you do need to come back please include in your post an up to date HijackThis log :wave:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button