Been trying my best but need help with log plz hel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvilMuppet

EvilMuppet

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:02 AM

EDITED: Forgot to add i lost my google toolbar and cant reinstall coz or about:blank and redirect, also my back/forward buttons no longer work.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0
Scan saved at 7:41:01 PM, on 23/07/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NBNCEKBN.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGSERV9.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MIRC\MIRC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2B3ADFC1-DAA4-11D8-9FEE-E40EC5C87327} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GCLAM.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\LAVASOFT\AD-AWARE 6\AD-AWARE.EXE" +c
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [DNSCache] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NBNCEKBN.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Avgserv9.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uninstal] regsvr32 /u /s image.dll
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmtrans.html
O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111} - mhtml:file://C:NXSFT.MHT!http://209.8.161.52:...80/dexAU897.exe
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcaf...377/mcfscan.cab

Edited by EvilMuppet, 22 July 2004 - 07:19 AM.

#2 mmxx66

mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:52 PM

Sorry for the delay, if you still have problems post a fresh log please

#3 EvilMuppet

EvilMuppet

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

No problems now thank you, an AVG update picked up the Trogan that was the problem.

#4 mmxx66

mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:45 AM

Glad you could solve your problem.

Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:
  • Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.
To protect yourself further:
  • IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.
I also suggest that you delete any files from "temp", "tmp" folders. In Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" => "Internet Options" => "Delete Files" and select the box that says "Delete All Offline Content" and click on "OK" twice. Also, empty the recycle bin by right clicking on it and selecting "Empty Recycle Bin". These steps should be done on a regular basis.

And also see TonyKlein's good advice
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Good luck :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button