• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilMuppet

Been trying my best but need help with log plz hel

4 posts in this topic

EDITED: Forgot to add i lost my google toolbar and cant reinstall coz or about:blank and redirect, also my back/forward buttons no longer work.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0

Scan saved at 7:41:01 PM, on 23/07/04

Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NBNCEKBN.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGSERV9.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MIRC\MIRC.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2B3ADFC1-DAA4-11D8-9FEE-E40EC5C87327} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GCLAM.DLL (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [scanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [systemTray] SysTray.Exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-aware] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\LAVASOFT\AD-AWARE 6\AD-AWARE.EXE" +c

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [DNSCache] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\NBNCEKBN.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Avgserv9.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uninstal] regsvr32 /u /s image.dll

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsearch.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmcache.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsimilar.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmbacklinks.html

O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmtrans.html

O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111} - mhtml:file://C:NXSFT.MHT!http://209.8.161.52:80/iex/ofile.exe?url=http://209.8.161.52:80/dexAU897.exe

O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/...377/mcfscan.cab

Edited by EvilMuppet

Sorry for the delay, if you still have problems post a fresh log please

Glad you could solve your problem.

Here are some tips, to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing the following applications:

• Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
  • Spywareguard <= SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
  • How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
  • How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.

To protect yourself further:

• IE/Spyad <= IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer
  • Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

I also suggest that you delete any files from "temp", "tmp" folders. In Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" => "Internet Options" => "Delete Files" and select the box that says "Delete All Offline Content" and click on "OK" twice. Also, empty the recycle bin by right clicking on it and selecting "Empty Recycle Bin". These steps should be done on a regular basis.

And also see TonyKlein's good advice

So how did I get infected in the first place?

Good luck :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0