Anti Malware tools

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 w33zl

w33zl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:19 AM

Will Spybot and HJT find malware if it can't install itself? I found a reference to new.net in the registry of a PC that isn't on line and with almost every function of IE disabled. It wasn't in the Add/Remove programs, and a search only turned up the registry entry. (I know where it came from).
I bought a used computer dedicated only to sewing. It's running 98SE and some of the software requires IE. I have that locked down and the PC has only gone online once to update the Brother embroidery software. (I'm not worried about it usually as the phone jack isn't plugged in) The former owner had just about every bell and whistle that MS offered - I deleted 99% of the programs and am still cleaning out .scr files and junk. I want to be sure that I catch all of it. I also would like to set it up somehow that it can only go to 3 sites. I want to get AVG on it, and the other 2 sites are for the embroidery machines. Can this be done?
Thanks,
Weezy
BTW - I have a HJT log from another PC - I think it had an aborted hijacking. The problem is that IE is set to high security as recommended, and the user uses Netscape. Where do I post that?
Thanks again.
Weezy :wtf:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button