Backdoor.Trojan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smitty-g

smitty-g

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:08 AM

I went to the Norton Antivirus site and printed the removal directions. It just doesn't work, the directions say to reboot into safe mode after turning off System Restore and updating to latest firus defs.

Well, I did that. But when I run NAV in either Safe or Normal, it doesn't find anything. NAV auto detect finds the virus in C:\WINDOWS\system32\sqlnfm.dll and says it is unable to repair and it doesn't have access; access denied. The NAV always pops up and wont close. I tried enabling the view all hidden and system folders but it still didn't work. I found the file referenced in the registry and deleted it, but still getting the NAV Alert after reboot into "normal mode". :techsupport:

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I've made sure NAV and Windows have been updated to the latest versions & defs.

#2 comandolb

comandolb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:33 AM

I have a very similar problem. Symantec AV constantly pops up with "Backdoor.Trojan" but can't do anything with it.

The DLL that I CANNOT delete is in c:\winnt\system32\hlpp.dll This is a Windows 2000 Server.

Going to command line, I try an ATTRIB and it says access denied...yet, the file doesn't show up in explorer or from command line.

I am going to try putting the harddrive in another PC, and scanning it with Norton.
I'll post my results next week... I'll be out of town till Wed.

-LB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button