• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PGPhantom

Are the Pinned Topics Helpful?

There are a number of pinned topics posted, how do you rate them?   23 members have voted

1. 1. There are a number of pinned topics posted, how do you rate them?

• What are pinned topics?
    • I read all of them.
    • I read only those that jump out at me.
    • I don't have the time to read them.
    • They are too technical.
    • Just fix my log, stop with the pinned topics.
    • They are extremely helpful in removing a lot of spyware.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

The reason I would like some feedback on this is because I find that very few people actually read the topics, some that do, do not follow the advice. This is somewhat of a concern as hundreds of new cases come in every day and many can easily be resolved by reading these topics.

I am new to the froum and the pinned topics help me be upto date with the latest methods of spyware/hyjack removal without having to sift the posts. Usually I can resolve my own problems if I know the basics of the issue and the pinned topics is just that info. I also like them because even though I have not read the post on ad-aware or cwshredder I know that those programs are still being used effectivly. I will also know when another program comes out that I will need to clean out my system. Thank you.

They are really good !

But i think tha fact that only 10 people voted so far tells the tale!:)

Some forums won't even reply to a user if it appears they are asking a question with out reading the stickys first but I notice the experts here are kind and generous with their time.

So let me take the opportunity here to thank the moderators, experts, and helpers for all they do for us and, to answer the poll, I find the stickys very useful.

Bobby

I also found the Pinned topics to be helpful, and much faster than shifting through the postings to find the information I needed. For whatever reason, when I clicked on the "Cool Web Shredder" and "Hijack This" links in PGPhantom's Post, I get a "The page cannot be displayed" error message.

Personally, what I look for in helping with logs is an idication that the person has bothered to follow the pinned topics, run ad-aware, actually taken the time to do the first few steps that wastes so much time. Most logs I totally ignore because if a person cannot be bothered to read the pinned topics, why should I be bothered to take my time and devote 1/2 - 1 hour of my time helping him/her for free?

I am just so grateful that there are people out there who are keen to help dumies like me! Thanks to all the "cleaners".

GeoffP

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0