What's in your "Spyware Toolbox"?
Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:30 AM
Mozilla Firefox (Yeah, not a tool, I know, but it "fixes" the problem of a browser)
Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:11 AM
1. A Squared (free) http://www.emsisoft....n/software/free
2. SpywareGuard (free) http://www.majorgeek...ad.php?det=3045
3. WinPatrol (free) http://www.winpatrol.com
4. GoBack http://www.symantec.com/goback
5. X-Cleaner (free and pay versions available) http://www.xblock.co...-freeware.shtml
6. SpySweeper (free trial) http://www.webroot.com
7. Pest Patrol http://www.pestpatro...ts/PestPatrolHE
also PestScan is a free online scanner from Pest Patrol http://www.pestscan.com
8. Spycop (free trial) http://www.spycop.com/products.htm
9. Spybot (w/ Teatimer active) (free) http://www.spybot.in...load/index.html
10. Ad-Aware (free) http://www.lavasoft.de
11. SpywareBlaster (free) http://www.majorgeek...ad.php?det=2859
12. Bazooka (free) http://www.kephyr.xa.../spywarescanner
13. HJT (free) http://www.spywarein.../downloads.html
14. IE-Spyad (free) https://netfiles.uiu...rce.htm#IESPYAD
15. Belarc advisor (free) http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html
16. Regprot (free) http://www.diamondcs...hp?page=regprot
17. CWShredder (free) http://www.spywarein.../downloads.html
18. BugOff (free) http://www.spywarein.../downloads.html
Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:18 AM
I have a few toolboxes going. These are not neccessarily all required or recommended, but since you asked...
My First Toolbox Is Called My Prevention Toolbox
- I use Spyware Blaster to Prevent Spyware from ever being installed.
- I use IE-Spypad to add 4000 + bad sites to my restricted zone.
- I Use Spybot-S&D to detect and remove spyware of different kinds.
- I Use SpywareGuard to add a real time scanner for additional protection.
- I use BHO Demon to protect against unknown Browser Helper Objects.
- I use MRU Blaster to find and remove MRU lists.
- I use IDBlaster to prevent tracking.
- I use Ad-Aware for detection and removal.
- I use Qualsys Browser Checkup to check for vulnerabilties on a weekly basis.
- I use Maxthon as an alternative to Internet Explorer.
- I visit Windows Update weekly to make sure I have the latest critical updates.
- I subscribe to Microsoft Security Bulletin Service for security bulletins and virus alerts.
- I use aČ free and have a paid subscription to Mcaffee Virus Scan and Personal Firewall
- I use System Safety Monitor to allow only trusted applications to run.
- It contains quite a number of tools that I use when I am on the road, trying to rescue victims, or researching the practise logs in bootcamp(what I will be doing in a few minutes) to identify problems.
- I won't list them here, because they probably don't apply unless you decide to become a Helper Trainee. If you do, please see The various helper groups here.
- A lot of these tools are not meant as point and click quick fixes. You really need to become familiar with how and why they work, before either using them, or recommending them.
Hope this Helps, and...... Welcome Aboard....
Ad-Aware | IE-Spypad | Spybot Search & Destroy | Spyware Blaster | Spyware Guard
Download Hijack This | Download CWS Shredder | Download RapidBlaster |
Download KillBox | Download AboutBuster | Download StartDrek | Download LSPFix | Download Process Viewer | Download PeperFix
Free On Line Anti Virus Scans |
Trend Micro Housecall | McAFee | Critical Windows Updates | Bit Defender
Disable Or Enable System Restore Windows XP | Windows ME
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users