Was starting the board over the only solution

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 boneychil

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:47 AM

I dont make a habit of questioning the experts, but wasnt there some other smoother way of fixing the board besides starting from scratch. Now everything is totally confusing. Having 2 boards to have to go back and forth to. Plus, now noone is responding to anything (relatively).

I had a thread in the old forum about having a second computer to test virus and stuff. I was right in the middle of it. Now I am not sure if I should start the thread again, or hope the others in Boot Camp will still reply.

I am really not sure what to say. I dont want to piss anyone off, but it seems to me everyone will just go elsewhere now. I am used to the people at this board and thought it was the best one going.

I guess I am just venting, because this seems like such a huge change. Should have just waited until a DoS attack. Would the end result not have been the same? What has happened here is the same thing that would have happened had there been another DoS.

I think you have DoS'ed yourselves here. Seems noone knows where to go or what to do.

How long before this happens again to the new forum? :angry:
Should I start anew at TC, should I stay here. I know this forum is not mine, but I have donated, and have many others, so it seems there should have been some kind of discussion about this change so that others would have had a chance to maybe make suggestions on what to do. I do not suggest that I had any good ideas, because I didnt, but it seems that Mike, and probably a few others in the experts faction, felt it important enough to just do the change without saying anything to the people who have helped make this board one of the best on the net.

Sorry for my candor. I feel abit guilty about this, but I had to say what was on my mind.

My post in Boot Camp was moved, and I really wanted it there at Boot Camp, because Iknow there are people there who have Norton Ghost. I guess I'll just start my original thread over again in the new forums and go from there. Then it will be on topic as it should be if posted in context.

#2 boneychil

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:38 PM

Maybe someone could tell me how to get to my old posts.

#3 discogail

"All you need is a gorilla and a dream"

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

Go to -->

Click on .......Find all posts by this member

#4 Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:23 PM

The old board was not usable and had to be moved. The database could not be moved with it so we decided to go ahead and start fresh.

Lose that attitude. People with attitudes like that get themselves banned.

Topic closed.
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button