9 replies to this topic

#1 Dore

Dore

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:48 AM

Starting to annoy me. Got the bloodhound.6.IE exploit warning, I download the update. Now it happens again 4 days later. Did the update not thoroughly go in or what?

http://securityrespo....exploit.6.html
The Basics
Ad-aware Spybot S&D Hijack This

Free Scan
Housecall Anti Virus Panda Anti Virus Trojan Scan

The Specifics
CWShredder CWS Smart Killer Removal L2M 2k Xp L2M 98 ME
Peper Uninstaller

I don't just cook malware, I friggin flash fry the sucker. You know what I mean?

#2 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:38 PM

Hi

I had this problem, i kept having to do the fix as well. I noticed it kept happening when i cclicked on an thread on the old message board. I did put a warning on the thread not to click on it as this bloodhound exploit kept happening. I wondered if was just a bug in norton??? all my updates were inplace, i did complete scan & system check and found nothing???

#3 txsidewinder1

txsidewinder1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:37 PM

If you cannot find it, you need to do a "Highjack This". This runs all of your start up programs and allows you to see what is stored there. 75% of all spyware is taken care of under this program.

#4 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:34 PM

I ran hijack this and it did not show up anything, but then my anti virus quarantined it & i just deleted it from my system.

However there was a thread on the old board i put a warning on , because if i clicked on the link in the topic another member posted i got a warning from my antivirus program that this expolit was detected ?? I thought it odd that this link given by someone should keep triggering this exploit.

#5 preston

preston

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:32 AM

I got the same warning from Norton.
When I ran a check bloodhound didn't show up.

I then did a manual search and didn't find the file / app anywhere on my computer.

thyme ... you said you just deleted it from your system. How did you locate it ?

Edited by preston, 10 June 2004 - 07:32 AM.

#6 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

Hi preston

My norton put it straight into quarantine.
I had the settings set as try to repair & quarantine then if unsuccessful. (i have since changed that setting to deny access)
I went into quarantine & clicked on file it gave me option of deleting from system (which i chose, as it was isolated) or repair or submit file.

If you go into reports, then activity log , virus alerts, it tells you exactly where the infected file was found, and how norton tried to deal with.

#7 preston

preston

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:02 PM

thyme,

I've got nothing in my quarantine folder.
What I'm thinking happened is that Norton was issuing a warning that bloodhound was attempting to infect me.
I've got my security set so nothing gets installed without my letting it.
So this was an unsuccessful attempt.

Does that sound plausible ?

I've had the same thing happen with another trojan, and again ... I got a warning from Norton but it never actually got into my computer.

=

#8 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:04 PM

Hi preston

yes sounds plausible, your settings prob set to deny access so wouldnt even hit quarantine. If you look in your activity log, then virus alerts it will prob say access denied & name of virus etc

#9 preston

preston

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

ok, there it is ...

Repair failed / access denied.

I think I'll just set my Auto-Protect option to deny access.
I don't really see any reason to attempt to repair it or quarantine it.

#10 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:32 PM

hi

yep totally agree, have got same settings Why bother to repair infected file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button