HijackThis version 1.98 Freezes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jinglebop

jinglebop

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

Have HJT ver.1.98. It won't connect to update. Gets as far as the dialogue box "will phone home to spywareinfo blah-blah text file", then just hangs. Can't close with "X"; have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to end task. Previous version 1.97 (or any other prior versions) did not have this problem.

Unzipped the existing HJT 1.98 and extracted it a second time. Still no workie. WTF?

Side note: I have posted in this forum before, quite a while back, then when trying to post this, my user name was not recognized. Had to re-new my registration. I used the same username and Password as I previously had. Now I'm back, but..... WTF???

I hate when trying to resolve a problem, one discovers a *new* heretofore non-existent one!

Jinglebop

#2 KinG

KinG

Hmm...It's always raining...

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:02 PM

For HijackThis:
http://www.spywarein...showtopic=11451

For registration thing:
Spyware Forums had changed. Maybe you were registered on the old on. The old one now is read-only. Either that or you haven't been here for a really, really long time. :whistle:

#3 jinglebop

jinglebop

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:46 PM

I had seen that thread already. I also went to the "sub-thread" which was moved to another forum. No answers there. In fact the only post which was anything near my query was regarding the appearance of a dialogue box stating "Spyware info site is down... or you don't have an internet connection. Try again later." For which no one responded to.

And that's right, I haven't been here for probably 8 months. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button