Macromedia should be ashamed.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hojo

Hojo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

When I installed an update for Macromedia Shockwave player, SpywareGuard went nuts with new spyware and homepage changes. Just a heads up.

#2 Hojo

Hojo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

And just now I scanned with Ad-Aware and it found 2 files in the Macromedia folder. :/

#3 PGPhantom

PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

Spamming a companies name is not a good idea. If it did indeed change anything, please provide exact details - Where did you get the update from, what changes were being done etc. Details help to narrow down the root of the problem and avoid generalizations.

#4 Hojo

Hojo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:08 AM

I forget which site I was viewing, but it said I need to update my Shockwave player. I agreed, and it led me straight to the Macromedia site. It was a basic update from an older version of Shockwave to a newer one. I didn't mean to badmouth Macromedia entirely, just the way spyware made it's way onto my computer when running the update for Shockwave.

Edited by Hojo, 26 July 2004 - 10:10 AM.

#5 PGPhantom

PGPhantom

Superman of SWI

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 12:42 PM

Links from other sites can contain spyware etc which is why the rest of the information is imperative to know. That will help ascertain where the infection came from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button