#1 H@ns

H@ns

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:23 PM

Overview
This download provides the DirectX 9.0c end-user multi-languaged redistributable that developers can include with their product. The redistributable license agreement covers the terms under which developers may use the Redistributable. For full details please review the DirectX SDK EULA.txt and DirectX Redist.txt files located in the license directory.

Download Size:
34276 KB

Link
Nucia Security Forums - Dutch Anti-Malware Support

#2 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 09:28 PM

Th@nks H@ns
Just in case you don't already have it, Microsoft is offering a free security CD to developers and techs, that includes all the patches and updates up to July 2004. They send it free and pay the shipping. :whistle: I got mine last week, and it has already saved me a lot of time, when helping people "in person". You can get it at
http://www.microsoft...t/cd/order.mspx

Oh and by the way, :cool: it is free because it sponsored by an anti-virus company, who have bundled their Cd with it, and offer it free for a year. I haven't checked out whether it's any good or not, maybe you could let me know. :wave:

#3 H@ns

H@ns

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

Thanks, I was looking for a CD like that :cool: :thumbsup:

#4 kisc

kisc

Insane Ninja Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

I didn't see where it talked about what Antivirus it is. Which one is it?

#5 H@ns

H@ns

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:14 AM

I think Norton (was also added by the previous CD they given)

But if I select my country (Netherlands) I go to a page with 3 steps to prevent next infection of virusses or so :huh:

#6 kisc

kisc

Insane Ninja Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:01 PM

You mean that they won't send you the CD?

#7 H@ns

H@ns

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:16 PM

I mean that I, if I choose below "Netherlands", not a page with a form or so shows up, but some pages with info how to protect yourself :unsure: So NOT a form or so :hmmm:

Try it yourself. If you go to that page, and at the bottom choose Netherlands... See to which page you go :unsure:

Not to the page where I can fill in a form or something like that....

Edited by H@ns, 27 July 2004 - 12:18 PM.

#8 kisc

kisc

Insane Ninja Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:30 PM

You're right, of course. And here is the fine print:

"To get started, please choose your location (language) from the appropriate drop-down menu. Customers outside the US and Canada: Please select a location and language below to order a CD. (CD availability varies by country.)"

#9 kisc

kisc

Insane Ninja Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:32 PM

Just in case you don't already have it, Microsoft is offering a free security CD to developers and techs, that includes all the patches and updates up to July 2004.

"This CD includes Microsoft critical updates released through October 2003 ..."

So, uh, what is actually on the CD, since you have it, and all?

#10 Nytron

Nytron

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:53 PM

Hi Kisc :wave:

It's a very nicely packaged, 2 CD set. All of the Microsoft patches, updates, and enhancements are self- installing once you start. It detects, and updates all Windows versions. You don't have to babysit, and click on next or even yes. From what I have seen seen in my own system, there are lot of updates on this CD that weren't part of the Windows Update site.
I didn't know about the Anti-Virus program either, until I got the 2 CD set. They are a Microsoft Partner, and I didn't even bother to put it in my drive, I have been loaning the set to the local computer repair shops so they can burn it, then I will take a look, What made me smile was that when I actually received it, (and they sent it by Courier), I thought WOW! Microsoft is finally giving something back, That is until I saw how they covered their costs, by introducing a vendor. The fact that that the vendor is willing to give away their program for a year however is still a useful addition to a tech who is returning a repaired computer where no Anti-Virus program exissts. When they give me back my CD's I'll tell you..but why not just use the link above and order it for free.

Edited by Nytron, 27 July 2004 - 08:58 PM.

#11 kisc

kisc

Insane Ninja Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

Oh, I did order it for free, but it said "allow 2-4 weeks" and I can't wait that long to slake my curiousity!

Also, I have a question about free AV, which I will probably post elsewhere, but this is my question: http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button