• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seveg

Huntbar removal

5 posts in this topic

On every scan, Huntbar is pulled up. I delete it. Then on the next scan, just 3 minutes later, it is back again. I do not see it anywhere on my computer. Any help would be great.

The version of Huntbar (IBIS, btiein) I found seems

to reside in the c:\windows\srchasst folder. It kept

recreating deleted files there until I booted in the safe mode.

Search for "btiein" in regedit, and remove it. I had to

change the permissions of the subfolders to delete it.

This was also done in safemode after removing the srchasst

folder and rebooting into safemode again.

Also searched for "srchasst" in regedit and removed all

references.

Hope that gets rid of it for good. :cool:

what you are stating is dangerous for a novice and not recommended. There are valid srchasst entries in the registry that you may have removed also.

I was not aware of valid srchasst entries in the registry. In light of this just do the

btien removal from the registry, after setting permision(s) on the subfolders. There

were four files in the srchasst directory which would recreat themselves, they may

also cause problems.

:cool:

i would recommend you leave the fixing to the qualified people. Instructiong people to use regedit without guidance can cause an unbootable pc if they do not remove the items properly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0