Crazy Browser?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bolt

Bolt

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:48 PM

So, I'm trying a new kind of browser right now, called "Crazy Browser" and am wondering if this is better than IE, up to the level of Firefox and Mozilla.

More info is on their homepage, www.crazybrowser.com.

Though, the homepage makes a small "beep" whenever you access it.

#2 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:19 PM

Crazy Browser is an IE shell and thus you still have many of the inherent security risks as if you were actually using IE itself. At the peril of infuriating MANY people at this website who love Firefox, I actually prefer one of these IE shells (MyIE2 -now called "Maxthon"). Like Crazy Browser it offers tabbed browsing and will keep intact ALL of your IE settings and Favorites. You can check your Hotmail in it and virtually ALL web pages are compatible with it. It offers plug-ins as well as pop-up blocking and banner ad blocking without the hassle of downloading each of them as in Firefox. I find it not bloated like IE though. Back to the "security" issues. I keep my Microsoft patches updated, I use Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, as well as AVG Anti-virus and a/squared trojan hunter along with a good firewall. I am also vigilant of what I download and sites that I visit. It may not be fool proof -- but it works well for me. All said and done, I prefer the over-all experience of using an "IE shell" browser.
*** Also, I forgot to mention that you have the option in "Maxthon" to disable ActiveX as well as Flash.

Posted Image

Edited by wreck, 27 July 2004 - 09:33 PM.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#3 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:23 AM

Since IE shells add even more "features" than IE itself, it's strange you find them not bloated compared to IE.

As for preferring Maxthon, that's your choice. As long as you don't go around telling everyone Maxthon solves all the problems of IE. And besides you are "always learning" so you will see the light some day :)
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

#4 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:18 AM

I told you it would get the dander up of Firefox lovers! I did go out of my way to warn of potential security risks. I find it not as "bloated" as IE because of the customizable features that you can easily disable. Sure, it is not AS secure as Firefox in it's raw form, but to be able to view ALL webpages, have the features I want (without having to download plug-ins), along with my mouse software to work --- I still prefer Maxthon.
Posted Image
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#5 Acsell

Acsell

Advanced Member

• Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:40 AM

So, I'm trying a new kind of browser right now, called "Crazy Browser" and am wondering if this is better than IE, up to the level of Firefox and Mozilla.

I'd say try them all and see which one you like the best but as wreck says, be aware of the security risks involved in using IE (or an IE skin)

Edited by Acsell, 28 July 2004 - 09:43 AM.

ASAP - Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals - Proud Member Since 2004
HJTHotkey - HijackThis Tutorial (Unofficial) - GetFiles
Autohotkey - Automation. Hotkeys and Scripting - Mozilla Firefox

#6 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:25 AM

I told you it would get the dander up of Firefox lovers! I did go out of my way to warn of potential security risks. I find it not as "bloated" as IE because of the customizable features that you can easily disable.

This is not the usually the meaning of the word bloated. That is why I commented.
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

#7 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:02 AM

"Bloated" may not have been the best word, but I do find Maxthon to load pages faster than IE. With tabbed browsing and the fact you can eliminate most of the cumbersome functions -- it just seems lighter to me.

Edited by wreck, 29 July 2004 - 09:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button