• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandr71970

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:54 PM

I have a res://frart.dll/index.htm#96676 that keeps trying to take over my Internet Explorer Home Page. I am trying 8 different spyware programs to see if one can end this misery. SpyCleaner Gold sees it under its section on Hijacker Repair but can not repair it. I was sent a CWShredder but it also did not repair it.
Adware 6.0 sees it all the time but does not repair it. It is a constant irritation.
It appears on Hijacker Repair in 5 places and on Adware 6.0. If I had nothing on, then I would be at this search page permanently. If I can not get rid of this malware I need to reformat my computer and begin again. What can I do?
Has anyone seen this problem? Why does a google search not show what frart.dll is?

#2 mmxx66

The SWI drummer

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:35 AM

Let's have a look at a HijackThis Log.

If you don't already have HijackThis, Download HijackThis from http://www.downloads.../hijackthis.zip and create a log. Run the program, and press Scan. You will notice the Scan button will turn into a "Save Log" button. Save the log and Post that log onto this topic. DO NOT Delete or modify anything yet, as some of it is needed to keep your system in Good Shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button