• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
    • Budfred

PLEASE READ - Reversing upgrade   02/23/2017

We have found that this new upgrade is somewhat of a disaster.  We are finding lots of glitches in being able to post and administer the forum.  Additionally, there are new costs associated with the upgrade that we simply cannot afford.  As a result, we have decided to reverse course and go back to the previous version of our software.  Since this will involve restoring it from a backup, we will lose posts that have been added since January 30 or possibly even some before that.    If you started a topic during that time, we urge you to make backups of your posts and you will need to start the topics over again after the change.  You can simply paste the copies of your posts that you created at that point.    If you joined the forum this month, you will need to re-register since your membership will be lost along with the posts.  Since you have a concealed password, we cannot simply restore your membership for you.   We are going to backup as much as we can so that it will reduce inconvenience for our members.  Unfortunately we cannot back everything up since much will be incompatible with the old version of our software.  We apologize for the confusion and regret the need to do this even though it is not viable to continue with this version of the software.   We plan to begin the process tomorrow evening and, if it goes smoothly, we shouldn't be offline for very long.  However, since we have not done this before, we are not sure how smoothly it will go.  We ask your patience as we proceed.   EDIT: I have asked our hosting service to do the restore at 9 PM Central time and it looks like it will go forward at that time.  Please prepare whatever you need to prepare so that we can restore your topics when the forum is stable again.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmart

About Blank Hijack

2 posts in this topic

Apologies in advance for possibly not following proper protocol, but this hijacker redirects me to their search engine when I click on most of the links in this forum and I cannot read the protocol. Symptoms: Homepage redirected to about blank trusted start page or to ssearch.biz.com; when clicking on links usually redirected to ssearch.biz.com; browser buttons for back and forward are grayed out; pop up problems and sites being added to favorites, although that part seems cleared up now. I have mcafee virus scan(shows nothing) have used cwshredder, spybot, and adware away. Rebooted and Just used Hijack this but don't really know what to make of this log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0

Scan saved at 3:22:42 PM, on 7/28/04

Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2EVXX.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LJCMHGRH.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\MCVSRTE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\AHEAD\INCD\INCD.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\MCVSSHLD.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MCAFEE.COM\AGENT\MCAGENT.EXE

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\MCVSESCN.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\KDX\KHOST.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\MCVSSHL.DLL

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [scanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [systemTray] SysTray.Exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [inCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\MCMNHDLR.EXE" /checktask

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\mcvsshld.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\AGENT\mcagent.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\AGENT\MCUPDATE.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kdx] C:\WINDOWS\KDX\KHOST.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [schedulingAgent] mstask.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ATIPOLAB] ati2evxx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [DNSCache] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LJCMHGRH.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [McVsRte] C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE.COM\VSO\mcvsrte.exe /embedding

O12 - Plugin for .pl: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll

O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...83/mcinsctl.cab

O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...,20/mcgdmgr.cab

O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX22/download/kdx.cab

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Free at last!!!!!! At least for the last 12 hours. As a computer novice, I can't really explain how I successfully removed it, but I want to thank all of the wonderful posters on here, whose tips from the numerous similar threads really helped! I just kept repeating the procedures listed (cwshredder, spyblaster, adware away) for 12 hours or so and then, since I didn't really know how to edit my regedit, I just ran it and did a click find on the search pages my browser was being deleted too and several items appeared that I was able to delete. Finally after the umpteenth time, after a reboot, my system was clean. Thanks again for all of you volunteering your time to help computer illiterates like me kick this nasty about blank bug!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0