• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tenderometer

Another res:// problem

4 posts in this topic

I have been looking at a multiple of posts on the internet to try and sort this out but to no avail. Tried every spyware program spybot, adaware, cwshredder, hsremover and spywareblaster.

Can you help me? If you need any more info please ask.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0

Scan saved at 22:25:56, on 28/07/2004

Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Tmntsrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCPFW.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\WebTrap.EXE

C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Andy Chase.HOME\Desktop\sPYWARE\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = NOT USED (OK)

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYCH~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://C:\DOCUME~1\ANDYCH~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\sp.html

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\pccguide.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\PCCClient.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2002\Pop3trap.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [speedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zSPGuard] c:\program files\pjw\spguard\spguard.exe /s /r

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

O18 - Filter: text/html - {5C5574E8-7557-4C0C-ABD4-FB32857D32F9} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\klebf.dll

O18 - Filter: text/plain - {5C5574E8-7557-4C0C-ABD4-FB32857D32F9} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\klebf.dll

Yeah tried that after i found out how to get my computer in safe mode. Trouble is it keeps coming back.

Tried

HSremove

start page guard

hijackthis obviously

winpatrol

dsostop

bsbclean

aboutbuster

adaware

spybot

All with updates and even tried them in safe mode. It's gettin serious now.

I tried re-installing windows last night, this did help and allowed me to get back on the internet as the virus/spyware had completely stopped internet access. Spybot and startpage thingy still both keep saying that the start page keeps being changed. Originally when i got this bug it stopped my anti-virus software script blocker and also spybots resident ie blocker, but since re-installing xp i have manged to regain both these options.

I have religiously kept everything up to date like everyone always says but it's worrying this is attacking so many people. Maybe trojans and the like aren't the real threat anymore but it's these malicious spyware attacks!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0