• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alguerrero

PC IS BEING CONSTANTLY PINGED

5 posts in this topic

I am using Zone Alarm and thus have an alerts & logs section that shows me who is trying to ping me. With this list I am able to view the IP address. The following addresses keep popping up. My question is why are they constantnly pinging me??

219.95.165.200:35

219.95.165.200:38

219.150.118.21:12

219.95.165.200:45

219.95.165.200:42

200.117.205.207:1053

219.95.165.200:3367

It depends on the ports they're trying to open on your machine.

As long as you have a firewall, though, you're safe, so don't worry.

Thanks for the speedy reply Tuxedo Jack! According to the Alert Log it states that the pings are of a moderate threat. Moderate threat or not why are they constantly pinging the !&$% out of my pc??

They're pinging your IP, not your PC specifically. The new worms spread by picking random IPs with the first two octets close to or exactly like their IPs, so if you've got a similar IP, you get blasted.

However, as you have a firewall, don't worry about it.

Thanks again for the speedy reply Tuxedo Jack!! I will take your advice and leave it at that. It's a shame that one has to go about securing their pc just short of putting a chastity belt on it!! Will definitely keep the firewall up and running to keep those retards out of my pc!! Thanks again for you words of wisdom!! :thumbsup: