unsure of exactly WHAT is going on...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mudpaws

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hey all of you out there "in the know" about your system! Can someone please help me with a few things? First of all, I am running an AMD Athlon 1800+ with 256 RAM. My OS is Win XP Pro. Now beyond that is where I get fuzzy. I can go into my internet conection (broadband: Verizon DSL), I can surf with the best of them, but I have MUCH trouble extracting files, downloading stuff from freeware sites, and overall trying to do my own troubleshooting. Nothing seems to work. I get something from freeware, and it either doesn't open at all, or I can't find it after it downloads. I recently got a browser hijack and/or malware/a virus that makes a lot of my stuff not work. I can't load my printer software, can't view certain websites, etc. I "fixed" the browser hijack using tips from here and maybe another similar forum. This is just not my forte (as yet, maybe), and i need your help :techsupport: I will welcome any assistance, even remote assistance if that can work. I changed a few things on the computer, and may've shut off a few vital things, I don't know. A little bit ago, since that browser hijack, my Run command wasn't working at all. I didn't allow me to go into regedit, or msconfig. Not that I really know what to do in there, anyway. However, I was able to boot up in safe mode and 'disable' a few things, so now my Run command works! I know ONE thing, I have the nwiz.exe on my system, and I heard that is spyware. I want that and these probs GONE!!! Anyone with the wisdom and patience for me out there? Thanks so damn much in advance!

#2 nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,088 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:36 AM

Hello mudpaws,

Please get the new 1.98.1 Version of Hijackthis.

Create a new folder in your C: Drive
Name it C:\HJT or HijackThis and place the .exe file in the folder.

1 - Close all open Explorer windows and browsers
2 - Run HijackThis
3 - Click on the Scan button and when complete
4 - Click on Save Log and accept the default file name "Hijackthis.log"
5 - Close HighjackThis.
Open HijackThis.log file with NotePad, and make sure you
copy the complete log and then paste it back to this thread.

Only then can we suggest any fix to your registry.

Favorite tools: [ SpywareBlaster ] [ Spybot ] [ AdAware ] [ HijackThis ]
[ Housecall online virus scan ] [ Bitdefender online virus scan ]
[ AVG antivirus ] [ Sunbelt Personal Firewall ] [ ZoneAlarm firewall ]

My help is free, but if we have helped you in anyway,please considerDonating ,
see this topic for details.
We need members like you.

Shouldn't water be worth more than diamonds?
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button