Anybody have a CWShredder or HijackThis run proble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Swampthing

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:36 AM

I recently got hit with a CWS and several Trojans at some sleazball website that I got redirected to. Upon closing my Internet Explorer and Running Spybot S&D, CWS Shredder, and HijackThis to check and clean my computer I noticed that Shredder and Hijack This took much longer to load as well as run then usual. They do run, but I suspect it is actually a clone program that has the appearance of CWShredder, just not sure. Another anomaly is that when I right click over the icons, the menu takes quite a while to appear and clicking on Properties does not always bring up the properties display, sometimes I hear three quick Window closing default sounds. (like the normal sound you have when you open Properties.

Hijack This revealed nothing out of the ordinary compared to my original baseline file. Spybot found nothing, and Norton was quiet as well.

Is there a new CWS variant that is attempts to hinder these programs? And if so, any products available to help track down the mal-code or mal-files?

#2 daveai

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for sending your HijackThis logfile. We apologize for the delay in responding. The volunteers working here are swamped, and unfortunately some requests don't get ansered in a timely manner.

If you still need some help with your problem, please respond to this with a fresh HijackThis log.

I will be notified automatically when that happens.

If you found our service worthwhile, and want to help keep SpwareInfo running please consider donating here.

"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw." Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button