• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bossychik

Trojan horse dialer

4 posts in this topic

OK, I D/l a new antivirus program called AVG antivirus, and after running a scan it detected 6 invected files called trojan horse dialer, on the first scan it said it healed them, then i did another scan, came up with the 6 again, and this time would not heal!, and could not put it into the vault either!!, What now?, :whistle:

Hi bossychik

You did NOT tell which Operating System you have :(

IF you have winme or Win XP: DISABLE system restore - scan again with AVG - then ENABLE system restore.

Instructions here

HTH

Yes I have ME, and I did all that, seemed to work for awhile, but Avg detected another one called downloader agent, and as far as I can tell it got rid of it, but I did the restore thing again to be safe, thx for your help reply :oops:

HI bossychik

You're Welcome :)

Also here is an excellent source for tips to tighten security. Follow the advice and get the free downloads to help avoid some of these problems in the future.

Happy Safe Computing !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0