• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmrinva

Pest Patrol and Spybot S&D

6 posts in this topic

Hi, all. Does anyone know if the new update to Pest Patrol contains false positives for Bonzi Buddy and Adshooter.searchforit? I looked for most all of the entries it said to look for and could not find them.

Also, the latest Spybot S&D had the following checked (to NOT search for), and I didn't mark them: LSP.new.net, new.net, My Search, and Sidestep. I was not sure if these were automatically checked to ignore by the update or not.

Also my HJT log has changed and has an R0 entry, plus a couple of entries with "no file" after them.

Thanks.

cmrinva

Hi Cmrinva

I have Pest Patrol and did get the AdShooter.SearchForit false positive also, (among others) but i did not get Bonzi Buddy, but that doesn't mean it isn't a FP. Pest Patrol is famous for its False Positives. I would always consider anything found by PP to be a FP first before anything else. I also wouldn't recommend PP for newbies at all, due to its high rate of FPs.

As far as Spybot goes, i also have the same items checked that you do, not sure why their checked. Perhaps a visit to their forum would shed some light on the matter. That's what i'm going to do.

The FP for AdShooter.SearchForit seems to happen if you have SpywareBlaster installed. SpywareBlaster sets the killbit for AdShooter.SearchForit, but Pest Patrol doesn't recognize it properly.

-- LB

Thanks, lonewolf and VashonDude. I read the article at dsl reports - at least that explains that. I am aware of PP's propensity for fp's, but wanted input.

Any ideas on the RO main/local page= (no words, just blank field), F2 userinit.exe, an 09 extra button - no name and no file? I think the other one I was concerned about is 20 apitrap.dll, which may be related to NAV according to Acsell's list.

Any insight appreciated.

everytime i scan with PP, it find BonziBuddy and Download Accelerator Plus -- none of which I have nor had. They're all registry strings and I'm not sure I should remove them since, as stated, I never had them. Also i'm virus/trojan/scum- or no-scumware free. Any advice? :cool: