• Announcements

• Budfred

IE 11 copy/paste problem

It has come to our attention that people using Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11) are having trouble with copy/paste to the forum. If you encounter this problem, using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome seems to get around the problem. We do not know what the problem is, but it seems to be specific to IE 11 and we are hopeful that Microsoft will eventually fix it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
resiak

Downloader MSCache

3 posts in this topic

I am using Symantec's MScache removel instructions to remove the trojan. It tells me to open windows/mslog.tmp to get the value of random_reg_name so I can delete the registry key. The only problem is, I don't have the mslog.tmp on my computer.

Could it have a different file name? Is there any other way to find out the name of the subkey that I need to delete?

Symantec's instructions says that when the trojan is executed it add's the following registry keys:

q1

q2

q3

q4

q5

q6

q7

q8

q8

q10

installed

to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\[random_reg_name]

I tryed using 'find' in the registry editor to find one of the registry keys that the trojan add's. Couldn't find any of them.

Anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in advance.

Resiak

Edited by resiak

The file might be hidden or classified as a systems file.

Set your computer to show hidden files.

You may also want to use the search function on the start menu to find the file.

Thanks for the reply. But I already set my comp to show all file's. I also used the search function. The file just isn't on my comp.